Author Topic: Weekend Update 11/13/11  (Read 5371 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
Re: Weekend Update 11/13/11
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »
Other than the aforementioned rivet week from hell I did manage to finish the annual n scale train Christmas present for Andrew; the best buddy of my 8 year old son who I built the "Andrew Junction" Sub for.....

Sorry for the crapo cell phone pic...........

Looks like the park in Andrew Junction is getting a retired Royal Canadian Air Force P51 D for a pedestal memorial. The RCAF flew the D's until the late 50's in Auxiliary Squadrons, two of which were in British Columbia (City of Vancouver and City of New Westminster Squadrons) so the logic holds....ok, a little bit.... ;)

Andrew's a speed freak; if it goes fast with a motor he's in so a train car with a 400 mph piston driven engine aircraft will be right on the mark !

Want to congratulate the Canadian government for restoring the Royal title to their military and seperating the branches as God and country meant them to be.  Also nice to see proper uniforms restored.

Per Ardua Ad Astra !

...Always follow the Sgt....

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
+1
Thanks for that Bob; it feels good to have our name and symbols back...
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »
Got 
a Kato F40PH 'ditchlighted' and pressed into service.  TiVoPrincess wanted sound but the shine was quickly off that apple.  Three F40PHs with MRC1810 sound units are now sidelined and another F40PH awaits decoder before surgery...

Video link: http://www.technologywrangler.com/images/video/amtrakditchlights.mp4
Support fine modeling

PGE_Modeller

• Crew
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »

- snip -
Looks like the park in Andrew Junction is getting a retired Royal Canadian Air Force P51 D for a pedestal memorial. The RCAF flew the D's until the late 50's in Auxiliary Squadrons, two of which were in British Columbia (City of Vancouver and City of New Westminster Squadrons) so the logic holds....ok, a little bit.... ;)
 - snip -

Hi Mike,

Love the photograph which brings back memories even though the Mustangs (and for that matter, even the Vampires) were gone by the time I joined 443 (City of New Westminster) Squadron  in 1957.   The squadron a/c were Harvards, T-Birds and Sabres until 1959 when we were moved from Air Defence Command to Air Transport Command and the T-Birds and Sabres were replaced by Beechcraft Expediters.  In case you are interested, the Squadron Identifier for 442 (City of Vancouver) was "SL" and that for 443 was "PF".

Cheers,
Greg Kennelly,
Burnaby, BC

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
+1
Greg: I know - I changed the Sqn ID - AC-P = Andrew C******'s (his second name) Plane...AC-P...."snicker".....

Nice to see another RCAF (and doesn't that saound nice again) type here with da Asshats.......
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!