Author Topic: 1'2 Challenge?  (Read 20123 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2012, 05:58:19 AM »
0
As Promiced, here is a video of the operations on the "Mutual Lumber Switchback #3." Sorry it took so long, I had to fight with youtube about the copyright of the music.


Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »
0
Spent a nice couple of days at Ocean City with the family... pushed back my deadline a couple of days.  Progress is coming along nicely, but definitely not ready for prime time!

Anyone else got anything?

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »
0
Mike,
Nicely done.  NOt sure if the loco or the module are more impressive.

Lee,
o scrap the shorts out of you . . . .  :ashat: and post what you got.

Me,
I'm about 15% done, but the night is young!
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »
0
Mike,
Nicely done.  NOt sure if the loco or the module are more impressive.

Thanks, I wasn't happy with it untill I took some shots of it. this is one of the few things I have made that looked better in pictures than in person, IMHO. the Climax is about 1.5 years old now, and still running strong. the valve gear was a PAIN IN THE a$$ to make thought.....
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2012, 11:53:04 PM »
0
Made more progress tonight... maybe pictures some time tomorrow...

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2012, 08:34:22 AM »
0
Finally... better late than never...

I present to you, Nathan's Supply and Equipment...



















This was a fun project... especially since everything in it came from the parts bin... not a single dollar was injured in the process of building this diorama!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Scottl

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5307
  • Respect: +2619
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »
0
Awesome!  The diagonal orientation of the scene is really great.

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »
0
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
0
Alright, slackers.  Who's next?
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
0
Alright, slackers.  Who's next?
Lee

week late now, so what precentage do we knock off for it being late?  :trollface: :ashat:
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
0
I never got past the building the base and track for mine as the rush to get something presentable on the Simonds Industrial Branch for its first show on April 14th has got in my way! :facepalm:
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

nscalemike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 400
  • Respect: +13
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »
0
I never got past the building the base and track for mine as the rush to get something presentable on the Simonds Industrial Branch for its first show on April 14th has got in my way! :facepalm:

I am in the same boat due to tearing out and restarting my layout.  But I still think this was a great idea to get some new ideas out there!


Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:37 PM »
0
well I started the weekend it was due, and managed to make some progress in the week plus since:



more here:

[url]https://plus.google.com/photos/108849220630940583428/albums/5714780926020646145/url]
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »
0
Since I don't like to leave things unfinished, I searched high and low for both a good barrel tile roof solution, and somthing to move us toward stucco on the walls.  The Stucco part of the challenge was solved with a can of texture spray pint from the ReStore:



The blue door is prototypical for a station or two in southern Spain, though the discoloration caused by Bondene wasn't in the original plan.

Roof tiles are harder to do in N scale these days - Plastruct has discontinued their 1:200 Spanish tile styrene sheet, and finding one on  line was a no go.  SO I ordered some tile roof etching from Micron Art (!), painted them Rustoleum Cinnamon in Satin, and CA'd them to the roof underlayment:



still need to paint the windows and install the strip styrene trim.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2012, 08:16:18 AM »
0
Progress is good!  We heart progress!  The ridge tiles look kind of tricky... any thoughts on how that's going to work out?
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net