Author Topic: 1'2 Challenge?  (Read 20122 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rswinnerton

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1313
  • Gender: Male
  • The Anti-Ed
  • Respect: +20
    • Luxury Rail Travel
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
0
So how's progress fellows?
Russ Swinnerton
Dr. of Ferroequinology
www.LuxRailTravel.com

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 03:27:54 AM »
0
I got my trackwork planned, and the track ordered, and some of the structures finished. Still gotta do the grunt work, and make a ***** ton of trees...
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Bremner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 450
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
0
went to shoot my Walthers ADM grain elevator, grabbed a reefer gray Floquil spray bomb that has been sitting unused for a few years....ugh....this is NOT the first time floquil bombs were a dud....thinking about using a krylon paint instead.....either that, or 1966 Ford interior paint light parchment

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2012, 12:00:18 AM »
0
I've been rummaging through the junkboxes to find some ebay queens, and this activity is sparking a lot of ideas for this challenge...  I'm thinking of modeling a clear sprue farm...
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
0
I've been rummaging through the junkboxes to find some ebay queens, and this activity is sparking a lot of ideas for this challenge...  I'm thinking of modeling a clear sprue farm...

hum, now you have me rethinking my approach . . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »
0
well I got trackwork down, had to handlay a switch  :scared:
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
0
And I ran into a slight track work snag - I need concrete cross tie track, which MBK lists on their website, but in a 25 strip pack - which I don't need.  May have to actually drive up there.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »
0
Deadline is getting close....

you done yet? I'm not. I had to bake some dirt today.......
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

jnevis

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 760
  • Gender: Male
  • WP Lives
  • Respect: +18
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »
0
I had a great idea for a diorama but never got a chance to start.  I can't even SEE my workbench and haven't even seen much of the HOUSE since the begining of Jan.
Can't model worth a darn, but can research like an SOB.

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
0
thought I was done.......then I realized I need more trees......LOTS MORE TREES!!

Damnit......
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
0
Concept confirmed, work underway...  Should be pretty cool.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 05:18:47 PM »
0
as of tonight, I think i'm finished. got the tracks cleaned, and got a train running again. will look at it in the morning and decide if I am done for sure....
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »
0
ok, so it's the 17th, Dead line is here.
So here's what I did.
I call it "Mutual Lumber switchback no 3."

Dimentions are 26" X 5.5" construction is plaster cloth over foam. Trackwork is Atlas code 80 flex, Peco switches, one hand laid switch, and powered by DCC. I have no idea what the grades are, and pretty much the only equipment that will run on it is my climax, a bachmann GE 44 tonner, and MT Skeleton cars. I ended up not building the fiddles for it, although it wouldn't take any time at all, and would easily double, if not triple the train leignth. This is my first finished sceniced anything, although, though all the advice and information I have got though here, I was able to make something I am pretty happy with.









Video coming probably sunday sometime....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:54:16 PM by delamaize »
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
0
Nicely played... but I missed out on the vid.  Mine probably won't be offered up until Monday night.  There's still about a thousand 5 minute things I have to do to it yet.
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1027
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
0
Nicely played... but I missed out on the vid.  Mine probably won't be offered up until Monday night.  There's still about a thousand 5 minute things I have to do to it yet.

Yeah, I had to cancel the upload, youtube was saying it was going to take 300+ mins :facepalm: and I gotta catch a CNL train to Hamburg in about 45 min. I will upload it again on sunday when I get home....
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)