Author Topic: 1'2 Challenge?  (Read 20121 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nscalemike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 400
  • Respect: +13
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »
0
When's that?

(not everyone here is American)

Feb 20, its a monday

M.C. Fujiwara

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Respect: +84
    • Silicon Valley Free-moN
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
0
Most Americans (especially the kids) have Friday 17th through Monday 20th off.
I was thinking Friday 17th deadline, then we can see all the fab work over the weekend instead of using the challenge as an excuse to blow-off the annual family trek through snow & traffic to great-aunt "I hate everyone" Muriel's.
But if people want to use the weekend, then Monday 20th is fine (heck, it's me b-day).
Or have an "rolling submission" from the 17th through the 20th.

Whatever works (as the king of procrastinators, I won't start thinking about beggining to start until early Feb anyway.  maybe;) )
Here comes 144 sq inches of love, baby!
M.C. Fujiwara

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1026
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
0
looks like I gotta get rollin'
don't laugh, this will be my first actual sceniced and "finished" work, it is going to be a horror!! lol
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

rswinnerton

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1313
  • Gender: Male
  • The Anti-Ed
  • Respect: +20
    • Luxury Rail Travel
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
0
I suppose we can open up the theme.
Let's open the whole weekend to post results.

Aaaaaaaaanddddddd GO!

Russ
Russ Swinnerton
Dr. of Ferroequinology
www.LuxRailTravel.com

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1026
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2011, 09:02:16 AM »
0
Question (seriously): Detachable fiddle yards/catrages, go or no-go?
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
0
Question (seriously): Detachable fiddle yards/catrages, go or no-go?


They dont matter, because the 144sqin is the layout portion, so the fiddle yards, cartridges dont count.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1026
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »
0

They dont matter, because the 144sqin is the layout portion, so the fiddle yards, cartridges dont count.

thats what I was hoping for! my idea is possible then.

GAME ON!
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »
0
thats what I was hoping for! my idea is possible then.

GAME ON!



CAR!!!!!
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
0
Has anyone actually done anything?

If not, here's a handy table I worked up to show various combinations:

12*12   144
14*10   140
8*18   144
6*24   144
4*36   144

All dimensions are inches . . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


pwnj

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 402
  • Gender: Male
  • The Resourceful Route!
  • Respect: +1
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2011, 10:41:05 AM »
0
Well then, I'm in.  But I'm only aiming for 12th place, so keep that in mind.  And MC, you'll be in when your boxcab is complete!   :trollface:

See you in February, and may the 2nd best man win... ummm... 2nd place.  Yeah.  That.

rswinnerton

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1313
  • Gender: Male
  • The Anti-Ed
  • Respect: +20
    • Luxury Rail Travel
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »
0
Mine is underway and I've already spilled blood for it. Damn chisel.
Russ Swinnerton
Dr. of Ferroequinology
www.LuxRailTravel.com

Bremner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 450
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »
0
I have not started....

delamaize

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2655
  • Gender: Male
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +1026
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
0
I have not started....

I got my track plan done, thats about it.
Mike
Skookumchuck Belt Line Founder

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

pwnj

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 402
  • Gender: Male
  • The Resourceful Route!
  • Respect: +1
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
0
I had a trackplan done before I even clicked "Post" when I joined in.  Now I've already cut a board and picked out my track.  Hopefully I'll be done before dinner...

 :P

(...though I didn't say which dinner.)

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: 1'2 Challenge?
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
0


Dammit!  I thought you said 12' x 12' !!
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net