Author Topic: New run of IM F7's...  (Read 2692 times)

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
Re: New run of IM F7's...
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
AGP is probably too new for me, but a Cargill, N&W and SCL are going to find their way to me.

Interesting to me that I've seen both the N&W and SCL schemes up here in Canada within the last 12 months (SCL was patched for CITX or something).

Very likely, CSXT.  The Seaboard Coast Line became Seaboard System before that road's merger with the Chessie System roads forming CSX.  The CSX merger was actually much more complicated on paper, but you get the idea.

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
Those old SCL cars show up now and then on the Cap and old RF&P sub trains.  I'm never prepared to get a photo for some reason.  I'll keep my eyes open in case I sea another one.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
Very likely, CSXT.  The Seaboard Coast Line became Seaboard System before that road's merger with the Chessie System roads forming CSX.  The CSX merger was actually much more complicated on paper, but you get the idea.

Could have been, I know it started with a C, but was passing opposite direction on the freeway at the time.

Saw an unpatched L&N gon on a CN EB a few weeks ago and the odd Family Lines and SBD covered hopper. Always good to keep an eye, you never know what might turn up in a freight.

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »
We had several people glad the F&'s are back. Already got pre-orders for Wabash and KCS Belle's which I didn't expect. I'm in for just about everyscheme of the Grain hoppers. We still see a bunch of faded SCL Covered Hoppers down here. It's pretty rare to see one unrenumbered though. Haven't seen an L&N unrenumbered Grain Hopper in quite awhile but do see some renumbered for CSXT and SIRX. Still see unrenumbered L&N gons and hoppers on a fairly regular basis.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
We had several people glad the F&'s are back. Already got pre-orders for Wabash and KCS Belle's which I didn't expect. I'm in for just about everyscheme of the Grain hoppers. We still see a bunch of faded SCL Covered Hoppers down here. It's pretty rare to see one unrenumbered though. Haven't seen an L&N unrenumbered Grain Hopper in quite awhile but do see some renumbered for CSXT and SIRX. Still see unrenumbered L&N gons and hoppers on a fairly regular basis.

I have seen L&N hoppers on sidings in Indiana.  Seeing them have not been as uncommon as I would have thought.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr