Author Topic: FVM Wagontops are here!!  (Read 5695 times)

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1242
    • Modutrak
Re: FVM Wagontops are here!!
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Lee- Fine N Scale, not Precision.

About the door tracks and as-built versus later, and True-Line versus Exactrail...  when is there going to be some accountability with nit picking?!?!  If you're going to start a firestorm, or attempt, at least check your own facts first!   :P :ashat:

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »
Nice model.......

Still say they look like a loaf of bread with trucks attached but what the hey............. :|

I'm guessing that one showing up in British Columbia in the early 70's would have been a bit of a rarity....
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »
Yes, Fine N Scale... I stand corrected.  I'm sure I have the box somewhere!

Mike, these were built in the mid-1930s, so they would have been at the very end of their 40-year age limit.  I'm not sure what the rules of interchange were for US-Canada traffic, but I'm guessing that with the flat sheet metal ends and friction trucks, these stayed pretty close to home by the early 1970's.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »
FYI - I've seen a photo of one of the Prototype N Scale Models limited run Wagontops with the Youngstown doors, and the door tracks are properly extended.

FYI, Prototype N Scale Models shipped their pre-orders for the limited-run 1950s-scheme Wagontops and have 12 sets remaining in stock.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
So, the linking 13 great states aint out yet, eh? That's what my wallet is dreading. :scared:

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
Received my 1956 scheme car from Prototype N Scale today.  Beautifully done.  I know the prototype coupler was slightly extended, but I moved the body-mounted coupler boxes back against centerbeam.  Also replaced the wide-tread wheels with the FVM standard fine scale wheels.

Interestingly, the bolster pin holes are offset, as are the holes in the bolsters themselves.  Either it was originally planned to use MTL trucks, or the provision is there for people who feel that MTL trucks/wheels must be on everything.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net