Author Topic: Question for the N-trakers, European/US stuff  (Read 724 times)

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +147
Question for the N-trakers, European/US stuff
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »
ok, Kinda odd ball question, as you guys know my wife is stationed here in germany, while here I am taking advantage of being close to the source, and buying up some european stuff. I don't have much really, but 2 consists, one complete now, and one in the works, are going to be WAY too big for any layout I am planning in the near future. What I got now is an ICE 1 consist, and I am working on a Heavy german freight, hauling US Army Armor to port, as seen here when they deployed. Now what I wanna know is how hard core is the typical N trak club now a days? I remember as a kid, I saw TGVs and Bullet trains pretty commonly, but in this day and age of being able to be super accurate, How frowned upon is it now?

(Picture of the full ICE consist tomorrow.)
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

POVC

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
Re: Question for the N-trakers, European/US stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »
It probably depends on the club...

I know my club (Baltimore Ntrak) runs all kind of stuff with no comments.  We have one member who runs Japanese stuff (he's also a member of the local Japan Model Railroad club), another who runs Italian stuff (he has a friend in Italy who manufacturers them) and several members who run other Europian models (including the Eurostar).

Tim

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
thanks, well if we end up in the Baltimore area I may have to join up with you guys! so here is a picture of the full ICE consist. I had to roughly stich sevral pictures together to get the whole thing, it is pretty massive overall, 9 coaches, 2 locomotives, each around 85'.

Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

rogergperkins

• Crew
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
I travelled in Europe on business frequently and rode Eurostar several times as well as other trains.
It has been 11 years since I have been there and in a moment of nostalgia, I purchased the Kato Eurostar.
I only have the short version.
We also rode TGV from Amsterdam to Brussels, I am still retaining my sales resistance.  :D