Author Topic: Do "n-scalers" buy more pieces of rollingstock than modeller in other scale?  (Read 2453 times)

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
Re: Do "n-scalers" buy more pieces of rollingstock than modeller in other scale?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
Amazing what you can fit into a box in N, but you need some basic tetris skills  :P

Jenga  :D

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
Re: Do "n-scalers" buy more pieces of rollingstock than modeller in other scale?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
On one of the forums, and industry type (Charlie Vlk?) said that statistically, N scalers buy more rolling stock than their HO counterparts, backing up your assertion.  I recall Frank from Intermountain, being really open about sales, and I think their N Scale covered hoppers sold almost as much as their HO versions. 

In fact, many of their stuff sold about 66-80% of HO in N, which if its a third the size of HO in particpants, means we buy twice as much!

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »
As IMRC's covered hoppers are too modern for me, I know I have provided them significant business for box cars and reefers. While the latter group is not as much as I could (I refuse to buy packing company paint schemes on PFE reefers, they need to release a meat reefer), I have plenty of box cars, especially Hill Lines for grain traffic.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.