Author Topic: NJ international PRR signals  (Read 5090 times)

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
Re: NJ international PRR signals
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
M B Klein's has them in stock now, and looking at the two very large pictures of them, I agree with Eric...  They look a bit crude.  It almost looks as if the aluminum paint is too thick on them.  I'm not sure I'd want the whole mast aluminum-colored anyway.  Most were all black or with only the lowest segment painted aluminum during PRR days.

Nevertheless, they've already got all the resistors soldered to them and everything.  Perfect for the electronically-challenged like me!

unittrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »
Thanks for the heads up I'll check them out maybe order one at first. Who knows you may be able to put the targets on the Traincat masts.

Dave V

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
I know I am resurrecting a dead thread here, but I'm wondering what sort of current prospects we have for pre-wired RTR TrainCat PRR PL signals.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I know I am resurrecting a dead thread here, but I'm wondering what sort of current prospects we have for pre-wired RTR TrainCat PRR PL signals.

Well, if for some reason Bob can't follow through, there are other possibilities in the works, if needed...

unittrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »
I was wondering about these also Bob had pics of some that were in the works for prr he also said B&O would be available eventually.

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
The molds are being completed this week. Once they come back from EDM, we will begin test shots. This is the phase where we will be playing with the right pressure and material composition to get near prototype dims and not have these look like toys.

The brass casting for the bases have arrived from PSC. The PCB's with the LED's are here. I also have the new custom Teflon coated 38gauge multicolored twisted wire here ready to attach to the PCBs.

In short, things are coming to a point where we can begin soon. The pacing item right now is the injected target. I set the bar very high on these projects so I can create a game changer with all of the signals I am planning to do.

As soon as I have anything to show, it would be here first.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Dave V

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 12:01:51 PM »
Bob,

All good news!  I suspect it's too early to talk price point, but I'm hoping your price will be competitive with the NJ International LED PRR PLs.  Yours, however, will undoubtably look better.  Did you say that yours would have the lower aspect as well?

I've been using IR sensors for mine, but some sort of signal logic that does a combination of block occupancy and route indication would be ideal if they came with functioning lower aspects.