Author Topic: SOLVED: I need to re-login for every entry  (Read 4516 times)

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
Re: I need to re-login for every entry
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
I feel special because everything is fine on my end and I make smoke come out of computers...

You must be in the same boat as this guy:

The S.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
I feel special because everything is fine on my end and I make smoke come out of computers...

Indeed; I have had no login or functionality issues at all. The only anomaly I noticed was that the transfer must have been started before I cleared out my mailbox, because it was suddenly full again, and my last several messages were missing. No biggie; to be expected.

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »
I also had 4 old messages back in my box.  You might also want to check replies to you post as a bunch showed up that I have already read.  Just minor stuff and things seem to be working fine now.

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »
Cookies are the same as before, except with a slightly different prefix so I could keep the sites separate during testing.  This should have forced a log in once we went live Saturday night. 

Once the domain transfers, a lot of little things should go back to normal.  This is due to the domain masking that was necessary so all existing links were not broken.  You'll notice that the URL doesn't change when you click around on the site - this behavior has broken some issues.

In the meantime, if you use the netsolhost URL, I only know of the Spell Check and the repeated list of who's logged in issues.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
Here's a bit of strangeness I noticed: when looking at a thread page, if I hit page refresh, I'm taken back to the main page, instead of remaining on the page where I was. This didn't happen before. Could this be a domain masking issue, or something else?

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
Here's a bit of strangeness I noticed: when looking at a thread page, if I hit page refresh, I'm taken back to the main page, instead of remaining on the page where I was. This didn't happen before. Could this be a domain masking issue, or something else?

Yes, look at the URL in your browser.  It never changes, no matter what you click on.  So clicking refresh takes you to the page listed as the URL.

This should be fixed in the next day or two.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 11:28:18 PM »
Yes, look at the URL in your browser.  It never changes, no matter what you click on.  So clicking refresh takes you to the page listed as the URL.

This should be fixed in the next day or two.

Yuppers, we have to wait for all the DNS/URL info to update. This should correct itself in a few more days everyone.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1