Author Topic: Kato Light Decoders....  (Read 910 times)

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +33
Kato Light Decoders....
« on: June 17, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »
I'm trying to find information on the board connections for the Kato FR-11/FR-12 light function decoders. I'm exploring their options as a viable small form factor compared to the TCS 4 function decoder, but there are no wiring diagrams (like +/- and light contacts etc.) about the only thing I can find is the English equivalents of their native instructions:

http://www.katousa.com/cgi-bin/dl/dl.pl?dl.mif,29-352-FL12-English.pdf
http://www.katousa.com/cgi-bin/dl/dl.pl?dl.mif,29-353-FR11-English.pdf

While it's easy to guess, just seeing if there is something more concrete.

Any help is appreciated.
The S.

Rich Businger

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Kato Light Decoders....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
These boards are made by Digitrax as an OEM product for Kato Japan.  The documentation on the Kato USA site is all that is available.  Kato Japan wrote the instructions and they do all the tech support for this product.  Neither Kato USA or Digitrax have any other information.  Products manufacturered as an OEM for another company are often like this.

Hope this helps,
Rich

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
These boards are made by Digitrax as an OEM product for Kato Japan.  The documentation on the Kato USA site is all that is available.  Kato Japan wrote the instructions and they do all the tech support for this product.  Neither Kato USA or Digitrax have any other information.  Products manufacturered as an OEM for another company are often like this.

Hope this helps,
Rich

Rich that gives me some...leads  ;)

The S.

Rich Businger

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »
If you have the Kato Daylight, Broadway Limited, El Capitan or Super Chief, the tailcar has a spot for the FL-12 decoder.  That might help you figure out whats what.

Its my belief that the boards can be turned over in order to change the polarity of the lights in the Kato Japan cars that these are made for.

Rich