Author Topic: Weekend Update 7/3/11  (Read 10335 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sixpakpop

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 150
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +13
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »
0
Sucky week. Dad died last night.

Nothing I can add other than you have our sincere condolences.
OOO
OOO <~~~the SixPak sig~~

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »
0
Advancements on several fronts:

Follow up project from last weeks running group... added a couple of creature comforts around the layout.


Significantly improved the functionality of the work bench thanks to the ReStore...  A lady bought this desk, but didn't want the top.  I was amazed at how well my parts bins snugged right in there!  I've got a ton of decoder jobs to work on, and this will help keep the flow going.


Job One in the new Personal Productivity Center was prepping the shell of Laurel Valley 1803 for road service.  Still need to add a couple of details and do the brain transplant.  Here's what she looked like before she headed over to the Baltimore and York Skunkwerks:



And of course, the ongoing saga of sorting, tagging and classifying cars continues ad nauseum...




More fun later, I suppose, but for now, it's time to get the back yard ready for barbecue, bottle rockets and beers!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

MichaelT

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 484
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »
0
A few things done here and in process;

painting kitchen and hallway today because we decided to go see a movie after church yesterday instead of painting. But, I have gotten the HO contest layout base painted and tracked wired and glued in.



I've also gotten the N scale contest layout base painted (put the track down before painting, my goof, but will cover with ballast so should be good).



Currently I'm using my HCD layout door as a base for my work in the train room until I can build or purchase or find on a curb somewhere a suitable workbench for the trainroom.


wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
0
A recommendation for workbench/benchwork options in the Little Rock area.

http://www.habitatpulaski.org/ReStore

Old kitchen cabinets and computer desks are just the ticket.  Check out your local.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

dnhouston

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 669
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +831
    • Dusty Junction & Northwestern
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
0
Still working on my new yard.  I got the control panel laid out yesterday


And I have all the tracks and frogs wired up.  But I still need to wire up the control panel and all the tortoise switch machines



MichaelT

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 484
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 01:19:03 PM »
0
A recommendation for workbench/benchwork options in the Little Rock area.
http://www.habitatpulaski.org/ReStore
Old kitchen cabinets and computer desks are just the ticket.  Check out your local.
Lee

Thanks Lee, that'll be a great place for us to take some things around the house and in the sheds too.
Appreicate it, didn't realize we had a chapter here locally!
michael

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 01:46:37 PM »
0
Daniel, I am so sorry to hear of your father. Losing your parents is a tough one.

Before I started my cross-country trek, I did get the Fire Tower completed.


Fifteen miles outside of Tuscon, I stopped at a favorite location where Uncle Pete's main splits into a high and low line. Here are two pics from the day.



It was 118 degrees at Cieana Creek and I don't care how dry it was, it was F***ing HOT!! This guy was trying to get out of the heat and curled up under my tire. I think it was a Gopher Snake and was 5 1/2 feet long.


I can't go anywhere near Arizona without stopping at Pima Air Museum. Finally got a chance to see their newly restored B-36 Peacekeeper.



Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12281
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11771
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
0
Daniel,

Sorry to hear about your dad...   :(

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
0
Sucky week. Dad died last night.

Oh man, my deepest condolences man. That really, really sucks.

skytop35

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +914
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »
0
Some Santa Fe eye candy!

Bill Denton

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
0
Cleaned the office/train room, stowed gear, equipment, stuff and more.
Glad to have my Dremel and airbrush/compressor back. Sprayed the
unpainted track Burnt Umber cut with alcohol and it looks great.

mark dance

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1280
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
0
Tim Horton came by Friday and took a few shots in the snow.  Here are two featuring H Liners from the masterful hands of Jeff Briggs.  We finally had a beautiful, sunny and warm weekend so it was a bit ironic.





Other than photos, and restaging from last week's ops session, scenery continues to progress but nothing noteworthy enough for photos.

And finally, my deepest condolences Daniel on the passing of your Father.

md
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:36:43 AM by mark dance »
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

algowest

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:14 AM »
0
Sucky week. Dad died last night.

Sorry to hear this.  I know how difficult it is to lose a parent.
Condolences to you and your family.
-Andy

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 08:39:17 AM »
0
Advancements on several fronts:

Obviously load testing before entrusting it to a more precious beverage  ;D

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Weekend Update 7/3/11
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »
0
Mark... incredible as always. Your layout is a credit to all N scalers and you really do the KVR justice!