0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
That is a bit more than a 50% price increase. That should take care of their problems with being swamped with orders. I know that my interest in these models has gone down significantly.
But the locomotive chassis parts are proving to be expensive since they basically fill the entire cavity of the body shell.
Bryan,If the frame idea you have works, that would open up a world of low pro frames which means way more space inside for decoders, lighting and the like.
Ok dumb idea time. Why use the machined steel at all? Can't you use standard material as a master?
So I understand how the resins work, but how do they RP metal, ceramics, and glass?
Could you make the expensive stainless-steel portion hollow--with the details on the outside and just a retaining wall/dam on the inside to form the motor cavity--and then pour lead (or other cheap, low-temperature alloy) between the walls?
So, if I wanted to make a BQ23-7 cab for my Atlas B23-7s, how would one do that?
OK, I so the RP chassis is more acurate than a machined chassis, but what about casting the master steel chassis parts with less expensive metals? You would have all the benifits of a persision engineered RP design with a much lower cost.
Another question. Can they RP tooling if they are already doing steel? It would be awsome to print an FUD prototype, then quickly order RP steel tooling basted on the design if it comes out as intended.