Author Topic: Another Possible idea for Free-moN?  (Read 1468 times)

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: Another Possible idea for Free-moN?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2023, 03:27:27 PM »
+1
A quick foamboard mockup of the first module. UP 8146 leads a NB manifest on the main line thru the Bealville grade grossing.   The turnout will have to be hand-built.

(I currently don't have anything to represent the grade crossing gates or control point signals.)

Ed

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2023, 04:03:24 PM »
That was quick.  And you're not that far from being done!   :lol:

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2023, 07:15:50 PM »
That was quick.  And you're not that far from being done!   :lol:

I had the 'module' on hand, tho it needs to be made Free-moN conformant - basically, endplates/fascia/legs.  The standard requires Code 55 rail, so I have to update my 3D concrete ties (AFAIK, ME flex has been made of unobtainium for a while now).

Not yet sure what to do for the turnout -- just hand-build something (quicker to get working) or put together a 3D print (fully detailed).

Then a matter of scenery and detailing :)

Ed

vermonter_railfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2023, 07:38:58 PM »
I had the 'module' on hand, tho it needs to be made Free-moN conformant - basically, endplates/fascia/legs.  The standard requires Code 55 rail, so I have to update my 3D concrete ties (AFAIK, ME flex has been made of unobtainium for a while now).

Not yet sure what to do for the turnout -- just hand-build something (quicker to get working) or put together a 3D print (fully detailed).

Then a matter of scenery and detailing :)

Ed

Can't wait to see how those 3D printed ties look, I've been following your code 40 concrete tie thread and have been extremely impressed. You'll probably have a few guys run for their money with how detailed this module will be.
Arizona & California RR and Vermont Railway in Free-moN
http://free-mon.net/