Author Topic: Athearn June Announcements......  (Read 3686 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
Re: Athearn June Announcements......
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »
Chulvis, are you there today?  Was hoping someone would keep us updated on what is going on since I won't be there till Friday.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
Chulvis, are you there today?  Was hoping someone would keep us updated on what is going on since I won't be there till Friday.

Chuck had a change of plans and will miss the convention ..

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »
Yeah , this first week of summer Chuck likes to prance around the Redwoods naked scaring the tourists . He is known locally as Lilwoody . Not unlike where's Waldo , but in real life . The cops have had some fun searching for him and consider a hot day under the trees a good duty .

Richie Dost

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »
Yeah , this first week of summer Chuck likes to prance around the Redwoods naked scaring the tourists . He is known locally as Lilwoody . Not unlike where's Waldo , but in real life . The cops have had some fun searching for him and consider a hot day under the trees a good duty .

I always thought of Chuck as a Burning Man type of guy.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »

Hi Bob,

For the first time in ten years I am not at the convention. We had a bit of a health scare at home with my wife that has thankfully turned out not to as bad as it could have been but requires me being at home for now. She needs my help and support for the next few months, so I had to cancel my travel plans.

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »

Hahahaha... that was a visual even I could have lived without!   ;D

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »
Chuck , sorry to hear of your wifes ill health , but glad it isn't as bad as you first thought . Months of recovery sounds pretty bad though . Best wishes to you and yours during this hopefully full recovery process .

Richie Dost

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:59 AM »
Hope she has a complete and speedy recovery Chuck!

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »
Was hoping to finally meet you Chuck but family is more important.  I went thru this with my wife a little while back.  Wish you and your family good health.

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
Hahahaha... that was a visual even I could have lived without!   ;D

and here i was all ready to put an elusive face with a name...

I hope all is well with your wife.  Now this just means I gotta roll out to the left coast some time and catch up with ya.

EP
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

unittrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »
That whole, "The economy sucks and the result is companies aren't going to release anything" simply doesn't gel with me.

I agree with Ed we need to quit complaining, We have the new Trainworx flats, along with the trailers we have the F89-J's from BLMA along the new gondolas, the new Atlas flats along with the regular releases from Bluford (the 86' boxcars and the hoppers) oh and Trainworx 86' boxcars and last but not least new paint schemes on the bay window cabooses from Athearn and the PS-1's and I could add more Kato U30C's and SD45's, MTL's new PS-2 hopper! I think we need to do more modeling I know I need to I was hooked on purchasing new rolling stock all the time and spent little time actually building my layout I'm finally focusing on scenery and scratchbuilding structures and having fun with that instead of just purchasing rolling that I store away! There is alot of talent on this forum that is not being seen because we are always complaining about the manufacturers and China ect..ect.

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »
I really haven't seen anyone complaining on this thread. Fact maybe and maybe not fact, but just statements and no complaining like Athearn doesn't care about N scale or Atlas is giving up on N scale, both of which are riudiculous statements.

Bendtracker1

• Crew
  • Remember The Rock!
  • Respect: +1296
    • The Little Rock Line
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »
I agree with Ed we need to quit complaining, We have the new Trainworx flats, along with the trailers we have the F89-J's from BLMA along the new gondolas, the new Atlas flats along with the regular releases from Bluford (the 86' boxcars and the hoppers) oh and Trainworx 86' boxcars and last but not least new paint schemes on the bay window cabooses from Athearn and the PS-1's and I could add more Kato U30C's and SD45's, MTL's new PS-2 hopper! I think we need to do more modeling I know I need to I was hooked on purchasing new rolling stock all the time and spent little time actually building my layout I'm finally focusing on scenery and scratchbuilding structures and having fun with that instead of just purchasing rolling that I store away! There is alot of talent on this forum that is not being seen because we are always complaining about the manufacturers and China ect..ect.

At the risk of being crucified, DITTO

Well said Unittrain.

I remember when KATO first released their GP-38/38-2 and the GP-50.  Wow, I thought we were in Heaven!
A smooth running Loco with flywheels!

Look how far N scale has come in just the last ten years alone!  DCC, special lighting effects, now sound!  Then all the new detailed toys that Unittrain mentioned.

When I joined this board back in March, I couldn't believe all the modeling talent that was here. And there still is, so lets focus on that.  After all, isn't that what the header states: "A Forum For Modelers"

OK, I've said my 2ȼ, now you can get the cross...  :-\

Allen...

Brakie

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »
Guys,Judging by the new products in HO I'll wager the economy has nothing to do with it.

I suspect the manufacturers is using their tooling money for HO not  N..

If one wishes to do the research one will plainly see that.

I've contacted one outfit that once boasted of its "exciting" line of  future N Scale releases now tells me it will be awhile before they release any more  N but in the mean time they are cranking out new HO cars..

I sent a reply stating they should use some of that HO tooling money on N Scale.. :o
Larry

Summerset Ry.