Author Topic: Amtrak  (Read 1066 times)

sd75i

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
Amtrak
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
      How long are your amtrak trains?  Do you run roadrailers or autoracks on the rear?  Thanks

dave t

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
Re: Amtrak
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
I run one of two trains:

1) 8 Superliners with one or two baggage cars

2) 2 Amfleet coaches, 1 Amfleet cafe, and 2 Viewliners, 1 baggage.

For fun I throw the occasional Superliner or two ahead of my baggage and Amfleets because I see them run through town that way.  I am guessing that they are dead heading these cars.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

jnevis

• Crew
  • WP Lives
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
Depends on the day.
I have bi-level commuters, Superliners, and smoothsides and a P42 in Amtrak paint (Ph II,III,and IV) and a Dash 8 in Amtrak Ca paint.
Somedays its a modern CZ (6-9  cars), Captitol Corridor (3 bi-levels, yes I know not correct, but I haven't got the money for Look Model cars.  They will eventually end up BNSF business cars.) or an early "mixed bag" with a UP E8 up front and the smoothsides with Super Chief, El Cap, and/or CZ cars (6-10 cars).
I may get a set of the AmFleets for the Pacific Surfliner to San Luis Obisbo (typically a baggage, three coaches, diner/cafe car, and sometimes a Big Dome, powered by P42s or Dash 8s and a cabbage on the end)
Can't model worth a darn, but can research like an SOB.

sd75i

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
    I am thinking 1 kato F40PH, 2 atlas 8-40bhw, 2 baggage, 8 superliners, 4 material handling cars.

dave t

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
Up here we have regionals which are a few coaches and a cafe. The Boston section of the Lakeshore used to have a diner, a sleeper, baggage and a few MHCs at the head end. This has been replaced in recent years by a regional with a Viewliner sleeper.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away