Author Topic: Norfolk Southern N Scale 6 x 10 Layout  (Read 18173 times)

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
Re: Norfolk Southern N Scale 6 x 10 Layout
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
Looks good so far--the 4 x 8 makes for a really nice-sized island layout in N scale. Glad to see you're using the #4 switches in the yard. The tracks are spaced too far apart otherwise.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »

Nice progress.  How about some more shots of those covered hoppers in the background?   :)

-Gary

davidgray1974

• Crew
  • "...." - Luke Skywalker
  • Respect: +224
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »
I've been getting alot of great feedback and suggestions to making some minor changes to the layout. One suggestion was adding a dedicated drill track for the yard.  Another suggestion was adding a bridge heading toward the mine and the last one was removing the crossover on the bottom runaround track.  Please take a look and let me know what you think.

1.  Original design

2. Shortened run around track with the addition of two bridges heading toward the mine.

3. Original design with the addition of the two bridges after the turnout and a drill track for the yard.

4. Original design with the removal of the crossover on the runaround track, addition of a bridge in front of the turnout heading toward the mine and a drill track for the yard.

Modeling the L&N, well at least a few times a year.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 02:16:20 PM »
How about this... the back-to-back switches at the top right are a bit awkward. So this one puts two passing sidings at opposite sides of the layout. It also adds a drill track, which could double as a team track, since I don't see a need for a really long drill track.

Here's the AnyRail file to play with: http://whiteriverandnorthern.net/images/ns5.any
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:21:35 PM by David K. Smith »