Author Topic: Detail Parts Wish List  (Read 14657 times)

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
Re: Detail Parts Wish List
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »
I don't know it this fits I the "detail part" category, but us steam era modelers sure could use well done water columns of various types, Sheffield, Poage, and Otto types to feed and water our beasts, and well detailed oil columns  for those roads in the West that didn't burn coal. The selection to date varies from the so so and unavailable (Diamond Scale, Walthers ) to the downright crude.... come on, somebody? Joe W.?
Regards, OttoK.,
With a stable of thirsty locos....

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 09:54:16 PM »
Common people, have some sense about you... this is nearly a two year old thread, so...

1) There were no such part available from Shapeways at the time.

2) Apparently nothing is going to happen in regards to parts since there has been no update.

Regarding (1), that might be true but, don't you think there's value in letting someone know now?

And (2), while it's true there's been no update to the topic, there have INDEED been plenty of things happen in regards to detail parts from the OP.  I have several of them sitting in front of me from NZT.  Switch stands, ties, gas meter, all kinds of wonderful stuff.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

TRC 3001

• Respect: 0
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 10:02:49 PM »
SP front and rear light packages.  80s and 90s era.

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
How about some bulkheads (triangular, not rectangular) to make flatcars suitable for logging? The kind of bulkheads on the Micro-trains 61' bulkhead flats. I could use about 20 cars' worth.

Hmm... that ought to have
manufacturers racing to
complete them...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »
Ok, I'll pile on too!

Universal Hand Brake levers ... as used on many transition era gondolas (and a project I'm working on). :trollface:

HO: http://tangentscalemodels.com/partsprue-equipcoanduniversalhandbrakes-1ofeach.aspx

Mark

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1252
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2013, 02:15:19 AM »
I'll agree with Otto completely about the water columns and oil spigots...needed badly.

Some of the parts I've needed lately that would be nice to have instead of making them, would be (1) brake cylinders for Athearn Big Boy trailing trucks, with the associated transfer mechanism on the front of the side, as well as (2) etched U.P. number shields for the pilot (for the Athearn Challenger smoke box door too) with proper numbers  Precision Scale already makes the exact Pyle generator in lovely lost-wax brass for Big Boys, Challengers and GS's...and probably other steam engines too, but a (3) little lacy etched platform for them to sit on would be great!...

Speaking of Athearn Big Boys and Challengers, the (4) vent hatch on top of the cab would be really great in an etched part to place in an open condition.  (5) Canvas cab curtains in an open condition with etched hanging rails might work for several different steam locomotives.

Something that I'm in the process of developing is a (6) smokebox bottom that consists of a piece glued to the underside of Big Boy and Challenger smokeboxes and another piece that sort of inserts into it that's mounted on the trailing truck to get rid of all that ugly open space between the top of the trailing truck and the underside of the locomotive chassis. The same sort of (7) deal could be made for the rear set of cylinders on both models, to imply that they're attached rather than moving about unprototypically as a concession to running on small radius trackage.  Resin would work fine for these.

Another part that might sell for both of these engines would be a (8) transition 40's and 50's era oil bunker top to take the place of the environmentally friendly, modern oil bunker top that comes with the 4019 and many of the Challengers.

Frankly, most people aren't gonna notice, but I have a high layout (52") and I take a lot of photos.  Although the Athearn Big Boys and Challengers run great, they could use some enhancement for close-up and/or eye-level viewing.

For diesels, how about some (9) 3-D resin castings of what's behind-the-FARR-grills on Kato E-8's and 9's.  They would require cutting the plastic grill off and creating a rectangular hole in the shell that would be filled with the bracing and vents of your casting...not too difficult a task...then etched SS Plano grills would be glued on after painting your castings.  Could do it for F-7's too, but F-3's wouldn't be as cool since there is no proper chicken-wire etching out there.

Lastly, (10) dummy scale couplers, with various mounting protocols with the provision that they'd mate up to MT Z-scale couplers...cast in Zamac, white brass or dirty medium gray plastic.

railnerd

• Crew
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »
Sunrise 
SP specific catalogue.  Still need dozens of everything...

+1

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
Nice
to see the progress since this thread started.  Still hoping for vents and such from the 'Sunrise' catalog.  Especially SP rear light clusters pre-shaped to fit Tunnel motors and regular EMD hoods...

+1...
Support fine modeling

Frisco Larry

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:51 PM »
I would like to see a set of underbody detail parts for heavyweight passenger cars similar to the lightweight core kit parts.  And a Santa Fe style air conditioner to augment the core car LW parts.