Author Topic: Con-Cor N Gauge 5 Car Set N&W Smooth Sides W/MT Couplers  (Read 4862 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

billincarmel

  • Guest
Re: Con-Cor N Gauge 5 Car Set N&W Smooth Sides W/MT Couplers
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »
0
Received an Email from Micro-Trains today and they were pretty vague about the whole thing. They said the couplers "might" be theirs but the frames are not. They suggest using their 1017 MT trucks and said that a tab would have to be nipped off to make them work. Well, so much for making something simple!

billincarmel

  • Guest
Re: Con-Cor N Gauge 5 Car Set N&W Smooth Sides W/MT Couplers
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
0
It is Sunday March the 6th and no reply from Con-Cor. I converted the tail car to 4 wheel MT trucks and it tracks perfect. I am waiting for my order to hit the hobby shop tomorrow so that I can convert the rest. I paid $126.84 for the 5 car set which included a 20% discount and shipping. For that amount, I expected a product that I would not need to spend additional funds on. Now I will have 5 pair of MT trucks at $7.29 a pair. Things add up when you are having a good time!

billincarmel

  • Guest
Re: Con-Cor N Gauge 5 Car Set N&W Smooth Sides W/MT Couplers
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »
0
It is now March the 16th and still no answer from Con-Cor. I really don't care now because the new MT trucks work great! I don't understand Con-Cor's lack of communication but maybe they are too busy.

havingfuntoo

  • Guest
Re: Con-Cor N Gauge 5 Car Set N&W Smooth Sides W/MT Couplers
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
0
Does it really surprise you?

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Con-Cor N Gauge 5 Car Set N&W Smooth Sides W/MT Couplers
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
0
They're probably too busy nobody's violating their M.A.P pricing on their 1970s tooling freight cars...