Author Topic: November Announcements From InterMountain  (Read 8375 times)

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: November Announcements From InterMountain
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »
Here are a few. Though the majority are trough hatch, the last car is the round hatch type. If I'm not mistaken, IM has not done the round hatch car in the black CP Rail scheme... with or without the multimark.
http://freight.railfan.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cp383965&o=cprail

One more photo, Richard, as well as a link to a really useful site on CDN freightcar fleets.
http://freight.railfan.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cp383971&o=cprail
http://nakina.net/

Those two cars are 3800cuft cars that are smaller than the Intermountain car, so if they ran those numbers they would be that word that cannot be mentioned on the Atlas forum.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 12:47:57 AM »
Given that several people have seconded (and thirded) my request for the Procor pressure flow hopper cars in N Scale, may we ask you to pass it along to the P&D team as well?

Regards,

Tim

Hear, hear.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 12:49:12 AM »

Those two cars are 3800cuft cars that are smaller than the Intermountain car, so if they ran those numbers they would be that word that cannot be mentioned on the Atlas forum.

Yeah, I see that. Can never remember what the IM car is (4550cuft). Probably shouldn't post without checking reference material. Is the IM car HS, MIL or NSC? Suppose not HS as that is what the NARC car is modeled after.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:57:25 AM by lock4244 »

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »

We're not on the Atlas forum, so go ahead and mention that word.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Ryan87

• Crew
  • Stay thirsty my friend...
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 07:45:40 AM »
Yeah, I see that. Can never remember what the IM car is (4550cuft). Probably shouldn't post without checking reference material. Is the IM car HS, MIL or NSC? Suppose not HS as that is what the NARC car is modeled after.

The IM car is the NSC 4550 the NARC car is the HS 4550 still no more correct for the earlier CP potash/cement cars

I'd say make the stand in they already made it in script...
Swimming in a sea of Action Red...

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »
We do have a variety of parts available however, some of them can be in short supply with extended wait times for their arrival.  Something like an etched metal roofwalk might not be available until we re-run the car requiring that particular piece.  If you have a specific parts request just drop an email to parts@intermountain-railway.com and we'll see what we can do.

What is the typical turn-around on a parts request email? (I'm currently waiting on a reply)

Mark

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4210
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 07:10:41 PM »
Unless you have a direct contact, I'd call instead.  I think you'll get a more timely turnaround via a phonecall rather than an email to one of the generic addresses.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Mark5

• Crew
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:41 PM »
Unless you have a direct contact, I'd call instead.  I think you'll get a more timely turnaround via a phonecall rather than an email to one of the generic addresses.

Thanks. I'll give them a week or so (I contacted parts@... ), then call if necessary.

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2011, 12:28:44 AM »
I had emailed Intermountain about a part, and it took them over six months to get back to me.  I had forgotten I even emailed them!  Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

Mark5

• Crew
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
Thanks. I'll give them a week or so (I contacted parts@... ), then call if necessary.

I got a response today. 8)