Author Topic: Deluxe Innovations 1944 AAR Boxcar Question  (Read 1886 times)

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
Deluxe Innovations 1944 AAR Boxcar Question
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »
I had a question I hope someone can answer for me.  I recently purchased a three pack of Penn Central Deluxe Innovations 40' Boxcars.  They are still shrink wrapped.  I was looking at the cars, and I noticed what appears to be a crack underneath the door in the plastic that runs there.  It looks like it was there from the factory as it looks like it was glued and painted over.  The guy I bought them from told me all his Deluxe cars are like this, so there is nothing he can do.  This is my first experience with these cars, so I was hoping someone could verify or deny his opinion.  Thank you in advance.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
Re: Deluxe Innovations 1944 AAR Boxcar Question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:04:22 PM »
I have a few - will take a look and report back.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
None of mine are like that. 
My only complaint with these cars are the riveted seems on the sides have pretty shallow relief and are easily covered by paint disguising the rivet detail.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:21:53 PM »
I have two of the DI AAR boxcars - neither has any cracks under the doors.

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »
I had a question I hope someone can answer for me.  I recently purchased a three pack of Penn Central Deluxe Innovations 40' Boxcars.  They are still shrink wrapped.  I was looking at the cars, and I noticed what appears to be a crack underneath the door in the plastic that runs there.  It looks like it was there from the factory as it looks like it was glued and painted over.  The guy I bought them from told me all his Deluxe cars are like this, so there is nothing he can do.  This is my first experience with these cars, so I was hoping someone could verify or deny his opinion.  Thank you in advance.

Jeff
Jeff,

Thank you for your phone call today. I am now on TheRailwire. First, I want to assure you that I want you to be a happy customer. In the 4 years I have owned DeLuxe, and the 12 years of buying the products before that, I have never heard of this problem. I can't wait to see the cars you are sending to us. As soon as they get here is will examine them and update you and the modeling community at large.

Dave Ferrari
President
DeLuxe Innovations, Inc.
Dave Ferrari
T-TRAK, modules for all the people!

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »
Welcome aboard Dave - I for one appreciate when the manufacturers check in here .. Fell free to post as often as you like with product info and support ..

Dave Ferrari

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
    • DeLuxe Innovations
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »
Welcome aboard Dave - I for one appreciate when the manufacturers check in here .. Fell free to post as often as you like with product info and support ..
Thank you for the welcome note John. As long as I know it's OK to post product announcements and arrivals here I will do that. I look forward to being part of The Railwire community.

Dave
Dave Ferrari
T-TRAK, modules for all the people!

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »
Thank you for the welcome note John. As long as I know it's OK to post product announcements and arrivals here I will do that. I look forward to being part of The Railwire community.

Dave

It most certainly is .. the majority of the folks here are Nscalers .. (we let a few others sneak in ;) )

Regular manufacturer contributors are BLMA, TrainCat, ESM, Micro-Trains, among others ..

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »
I want to let you all know what a great person Dave Ferrari is.  I called him today to discuss the cracked sills on the DI boxcars I had purchased from "redbob49" on EBay.  He talked to me for over a half hour about this anomaly.  He offered to replace the cars for me with new ones that he assured me will be in mint condition.  I did not even purchase the cars directly from Dave, and he is going to replace them.  He was adamant that the sill on the DI cars can withstand quite a bit of stress, and he has not seen this on any cars under his watch at Deluxe (or before that as a customer).  It is great to deal with someone who stands behind their products like Dave.  He has earned a customer for as long as I model.  I hope all of you will continue to support Dave and Deluxe Innovations because they have earned it by being so honorable.  Thank you.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8547
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »
I have a couple of these cars (2 Pennsy, 2 Wabash, and 1 Penn Central), and no cracks...  I've always been very happy with these cars.  The roofwalk in particular makes this car a cut above the usual.

Welcome to the Wire, Dave!