Author Topic: Bachmann New and Revised GE Critters are a 10 in my bool !  (Read 1323 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Bachmann New and Revised GE Critters are a 10 in my bool !
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
      I just recieved two of the Revised Bachmann GE 44 Ton a B&M and a Rio Grande, and three of the new 70 Ton's,two SP and a Yellow Undec. The locomotives are now the way they should have come from the factory on the first run. They have Bachmann Knuckel Couplers with rust colored faces.They do stick out a bit on the 44 locomotives, but on the new 70 they look jiust right to me. The Undec Yellow loco with black frame, black front striping is quite nice even has the GE builders plates and some white data on both sides of the frame . The Southern Pacific Gray with Scatlett nose scheme is quite well done. On the two 44's the appropriate headlights are used, the flush in the nose one for Rio Grande and the hooded type for B&M. The Boston & Maine complex striping scheme is exceptionally well done. Right out of the box all these locomotives are smooth and quiet and have a nice low speed creep running on DC. It still Blows Me Away that Decoders can be fitted into these small lokies. On a one to ten scale these now rate a solid ten in my book, the previous run 44 was a 9.8 or 9. Now I can't wait for the 4-6-0 and the Peter Witt street cars. Nate Goodman (Nato).Salt Lake,Utah.

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Bachmann New and Revised GE Critters are a 10 in my bool !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:52:46 AM »
Photos?...
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

slickwillie

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »
Nato (and anybody else), how do those couplers work? Thanks!

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »
   The Couplers are compatible with MT, Mc Henry(Athearn),Accumate,Kato. I do not have magnets on my layout to test magnetic uncoupling feature,but usuing a pick to open no problemo,they don't seem to explode like early Atlas, and theTrip Pin height is good, not too low.                                                     Nate Goodman (Nato).