Author Topic: I need a new motor or can you diagnose this motor  (Read 854 times)

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +458
I need a new motor or can you diagnose this motor
« on: November 21, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »
Allright, I recently found out that Fleischmann is not producing the ICE 1 train set I have been collecting over the years. So I yanked the thing out of storage and started back on the hunt, I am down to two coaches left. I decided to run the consist as I have it now, and remembered why I put it away. the motor is in the power unit is shot. Weak in one direction, weaker in the other, runs ok overall, but does not have the power it should. I took the thing apart, checked the winding, cleaned the thing inside and out, top to bottom, checked the brushes leignth and wear, etc etc etc. the best I got was it runs well in one direction, not so well in the other. I am at the end of my knowlage and skill here, so it is time for a replacement. Here inlies the problem: the replacement from Fleischmann is $54, and I think that is kind of steep for a 3 pole strait wound motor. If I am going to spend that much I want at least a skew wound 3 pole. Idealy I would like a skew wound 5+ pole or coreless.

so anyone have any ideas where to find a motor that will fit this thing and not break the bank?
here is pictures of the thing, with my mesurements, in mm.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 08:26:41 PM by delamaize »
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)