Author Topic: More Great Northern Railway Visiting Nate Goodman's Layout  (Read 1883 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
More Great Northern Railway Visiting Nate Goodman's Layout
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:10:45 AM »
        The 1951 'Mod Century Empire Builder"passenger train on my layout. This all new train replaced the 1947 builder consist and those cars became the "Western Star" streamliner which replaced the heavyweight "Oriental Limited'. The cars are Con Cor, Kato,Brass Car Sides on Con Cor cars,and one Rivarossi. This train was famous for it's Mountain Series ACF built observation cars with their large windows for viewing the scenery. Con Cor modeled these cars. The cars later went to the "Western Star" when dome cars arrived in 1955. Nate Goodman (Nato).Salt Lake, Utah.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Nato

• Crew
Re: More Great Northern Railway Visiting Nate Goodman's Layout
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 03:25:17 AM »
   Photos showing the middle of the train. Diner is Con Cor (they have incorrect mirror image sides) ,Ranch Coffee Shop car is Brass Car Sides. Nate Goodman (Nato).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Nato

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 03:38:18 AM »
  Photos showing the last part of the 1951 train. This consist featured one non Duplex Room sleeper that contained compartments and drawing rooms. My foob stand-in car is a Rivarossi 10-6 car with wrong shade of orange paint. Soon to be replaced with a better Walthers car. Purists Please Note. The locomotive trucks are not silver,GN at this time painted trucks on passenger locomotives silver. Later in late 1950's early sixties the trucks were black like on freight units. Photos are taken by Bob Gilmore, who has helped me with the scenery and built the signal bridge kit. He used a Nikon camera and Hell and Gone (Helicon) Focus.Nate Goodman (Nato).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

93cram

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »
Nato,

Although I'm a died in the wool flatlands RRs fan, I find your western modeling truly impressive and evocating !  8)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8039
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
That's real sharp Nate!

Nato

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 01:16:35 AM »
   A BIG CORRECTION. That should be the "Mid Century Empire Builder' not the Mod century . Just one slip on the keyboard and the train becomes from the Hippy 1960's early seventies. I appreciate all the comments about the layout. Like I have said before, part of the scenery construction help comes from friend Bob Gilmore. Also everyone needs to visit the Nate Goodman Nato layout gallery at        http://www.n-scaler.com and when you see the pix of the unfinished or partially finished parts of the layout you will again realize that Bob and myself who are prefectionists have take about a year to do just one area and one scene on a small part of my medium sized railroad.                                                  Nate Goodman (Nato).