Author Topic: Intermountain Centralia C. & N.W. Coaches released  (Read 1585 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Intermountain Centralia C. & N.W. Coaches released
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »
 The Intermountain Centralia Chicago and North Western coach has now been released. This is a model of a Post War Pullman Standard car used on the "400 Streamliner" and other trains.The look and the window arrangement is similar to the roads Pre War streamlined coaches. The cars are available in the North Western original green and yellow scheme with 400 markings on car sides,in Union Pacific yellow and gray with red C. & N.W. lettering on letterboards and "Streamliner" in red cursive on lower car sides. There were some pooled cars painted like this.The model is also available lettered for Union Pacific in two tone gray scheme,(meant to represent similar pre war UP Challenger coaches).Both the Great Northern and the Northern Pacific purchased some of these cars second hand when North Westen dropped alot of it's passenger service (not commuter) and these are represented on the IM model as well NP two Tone Lowe green which is nicely done, GN Empire Builder orange and green,looks very sharp, and the later Sky Blue scheme,to me the blue is a bit dark,but then I'am use to Con Cor's old cars.Only complaint those evenly arranged window shades pulled down awfully low so we can't easly put passengers in the cars that would be viewed thru the windows. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah. 

skytop35

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
    • Skytop Models
Re: Intermountain Centralia C. & N.W. Coaches released
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:12:59 AM »
Do these cars come apart so you can get inside? Or are they glued together? Can the window shades be removed or changed easily? I want to order some of these cars but unsure that I like the window shades the way they are and would probably want to change them.
Bill Denton

Skytopmodels.com

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »
All the new releases are retooled so the sides and ends are one piece, the roof snaps in allowing access to the included battery operated lighting, and the floor snaps in to allow access to the interior. No glue like the old assembled flat kits.  They also have separate wire grabs now.

The windows are still a strip of sheet plastic.  So while the shades are painted on at one level, peeling off the window strip and replacing with clear styrene should be easy, though I haven't done it myself.

skytop35

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
    • Skytop Models
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »
Sounds like I'll be ordering some cars. Thanks Mike!
Bill Denton

Skytopmodels.com

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
I just got my three CBQ coaches!  Very, Very impressed.  Going to have to get the 4th!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Pete Steinmetz

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Didn't the CB&Q use these coaches as extras on the Twin Cities Zephyrs?
Pete Steinmetz
Encinitas, CA

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:14 AM »
Didn't the CB&Q use these coaches as extras on the Twin Cities Zephyrs?

I know they used them in the commuter role as they were updating to HEP.  I am pretty sure I have seen them in photos in regular over the road service as well.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr