Author Topic: Athearn Announcements!  (Read 3505 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »
0
I would love some 16' pluggie action. I don't have Facebook, and I don't think the Thralls are that bad, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade with etched ladders and brake gear.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 01:31:22 AM »
0
"- Bay Windows -... SOU yellow cupola"

Now that would be interesting.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 08:46:25 AM »
0
Yeah - my mistake!  Of course there is such a prototype - those ex-NH cabeese which Penn Central added bay windows to...


Packer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 742
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
0
Yeah - my mistake!  Of course there is such a prototype - those ex-NH cabeese which Penn Central added bay windows to...



So they had both a bay window and a coupla?

BN had 1 that was orignally a bay window, but they added a non-functional coupla. I'm making one, but have yet to paint it.
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

One of One-Sixty

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1304
  • Respect: +3
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »
0
- Thrall gons - including HERZOG BROWN!!! Yeah!!!!

                          - commonwealth  5 sets of 5
                          - ATSF - 5 sets of 5
                          - Herzog Brown - 3  sets of 5

                           (Sorry Denver Road Doug - that one you wanted is not on the list  :(  )


What is the build date for these?
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
0
I think the early 1970's...

However the Herzog cars are much more modern (2000's) rebuilds into computer controlled
ballast cars. The models are lacking slope sheets and bottom dump doors - though
these could be easily added.

The main thing for me is that you can buy a whole train already painted...


Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: Athearn Announcements!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 12:50:24 PM »
0
Maybe for you Michael, but there are a whole lot of people down here that have been waiting for that Southern Bay Window.

Indeed..I plan on buying both numbers.
Larry

Summerset Ry.