Author Topic: Kinder Chocolate vehicles  (Read 2715 times)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Has a degree in American History & Culture.
  • Respect: +2228
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Kinder Chocolate vehicles
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »
Yep, it's called the Old World Deli, my wife works right around the corner from there. It's not just their Kinder eggs that are awesome.

That place rocks.

choochin3

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »
BINGO!!!!!! We have a winnah!
Old World deli has to be one of the best in the area,a very nice selection of just about anything!
mmmmm.I just got a hankering for a nice braunschweiger sandwich.
Carl T.
President of the Cape James Terminal Lines.

train1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »
Due to my career working at a crowbar motel.. you can probably guess my misgivings about giving my son kinder eggs. Its one of the pleasures of life he will not enjoy...

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +148
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 04:21:40 AM »
what drives me nuts about the whole thing, is you do not see kids all over the world dropping dead from kinder egg toys, what makes US kids diffrent? are they stupider? or stupider, sue happy Parents, and POS lawers that take up the cases? I vote for the later. I'll tell you, I like being an american, so don't take thse statements the wrong way, but after living abroad in germany for a year, the US kinda pisses me off a little.

ANYWAYS.... here is the pictures I promiced.

the boom lift is closer to HO then N. Atlas 50' flat

Pictured with a 1/200 scale figure, about 6' tall scale.

Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Your choice for ANAL...
  • Respect: +1977
    • DKS Home
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:09 AM »
... Maybe I'm missing something.. but what about prizes in cereal boxes... and silly puddy.. Or is the toy enclosed in the chocolate egg?  That law makes sense.. and a twisted sue happy cover your butt sort of way..

Toys in cereal boxes (or Cracker Jack boxes) are not completely sealed within an edible product, which is what the law is about; the toys are floating around loose inside the box, usually in a plastic baggie. OTOH, Silly Putty comes in a plastic egg. Silly Putty is also non-toxic; might not be very tasty, but it won't kill you.

what drives me nuts about the whole thing, is you do not see kids all over the world dropping dead from kinder egg toys, what makes US kids diffrent?

What makes California different from the rest of the US? How often do you see something labeled with the statement, "This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer..." Don't the other states know the same thing?

And if you think that's strange, take a look at drug laws around the world. Working for a big pharma has really opened my eyes to some serious inconsistencies that can drive you nuts if you think about them too much.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:35:18 AM by David K. Smith »
"Life's a piece of sh!t when you look at it."
                                       —Monty Python