Author Topic: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010  (Read 8850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:28 AM »
0
No trains for me, because I was here for a long time:


John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »
0
Coast of France? or Italy

Pomperaugrr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1455
  • Respect: +1199
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
0
Not much progress for me lately, although I did get my order of 50 Tam Valley Depot singlets and servos.  I also managed to take a half hour and run some trains this weekend.  Of course now I see where I missed a few spots when I painted the rocks.  :(



Eric

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2780
  • Respect: +146
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
0
Coast of France? or Italy

Looks like Greece to me.

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2884
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
0
No trains for me, because I was here for a long time:



Great weathering , and the sky looks so real .


Richie Dost

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »
0
No trains for me, because I was here for a long time:


Ye
Great weathering , and the sky looks so real .
Yeah, but I need some shades like Tom is wearing to cut down the glare!   ;D
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:39 PM »
0
Where In The World is Carman "Tom Mann" SanDiego?

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
0
I'll second, "Greece" as the location.
Tony Hines

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »
0
Perhaps the Principauté de Monaco............there for the bacarat, fast cars and polo season........? ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

SAH

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1298
  • Respect: +1921
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
0
Very effective use of a photo for the backdrop. Most excellent.

Thanks guyz.  The photo serves as kind of a time machine portal David.  I'm modeling late 50's early 60's in late summer, early autumn.  The photo transitions to mid winter 2009.  Nobody should be looking that closely though.   ;D  It has been fun trying out different scenery techniques, using inexpensive materials for the most part.  More surprises to come.
Steve Holzheimer
Lakewood, OH
Modeling the AC&Y Spur 4 Serving the Tire Industry

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
0
Perhaps the Principauté de Monaco............there for the bacarat, fast cars and polo season........? ;)

Monaco is in the background....just dropping in to inspect my collection of Ferraris.

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 01:09:24 AM »
0
Isn't Monaco in Spain?
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Leggy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 665
  • Respect: +48
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 02:18:15 AM »
0

Starts with an F, theres a famous cycling race there, the people are known for being snooty, can you guess where it borders?

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7454
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:23 AM »
0
I learned how to parallel park in a Monaco!


I'm now qualified to port an aircraft carrier.

One day, I'm looking forward to traveling to the Duchy of Grand Fenwick.



Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Weekend Update - 9/19/2010
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 08:09:39 AM »
0
Monaco is in the background....just dropping in to inspect my collection of Ferraris.

I won and lost $7000 in the Grand Casino there in 1984 :)