0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I wish I had some scale drawings of the buiding.
Could you have picked a harder station to model ?
Anyone good enough with photoshop to remove this distortion if I provide the photos?
Ed,There aren't any photos of South Station, but the best source of info for South Station was written by the lead designer, George Francis, in the American Society of Civil Engineers publication dating back to around 1900. This publication's purpose was to share knowledge of the engineering problems of new projects, and how they were overcome.If you can find such a copy (supposedly BPL has one, but an engineering school library should have some), it is full of building plans showing details of most structural items including the head house and the train shed. It also goes into detail about the underground loop.It's probably referenced in "Boston's Depots and Terminals" in the back...
For brick/stone details you might want to consider some brick paper or printed decals etc. I have seen some really cool stone patterns on the net.
I was also thinking of the cut stone. The O/S concrete block or paving stone from The N Scale Architect may be a good source for the cut stone facade: http://thenarch.com/Builders%20supply.htm