Author Topic: Kato September Announcements  (Read 21777 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Kato September Announcements
« on: September 07, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
0
New Stuff:

106-6142: Maxi 1 5 Unit Set with 10 APL Containers TTX # 750764

176-5341 E8A Amtrak #419 - Phase 1
176-5343 E8A Penn Central #4285
106-3521 Penn Central 4 Car Set: Includes ex PRR cars in varying colors and schemes (more detail to follow shortly)
106-3522 Amtrak Phase 1 4 Car Set: Includes Ex-El Cap Baggage, Ex- Super Chief 10-6, Ex- CZ Diner and Ex CZ 10-6

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:55:32 PM by Chulvis »

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
0
Kato keeps this up, they will be accused of an Eastern bias. ;)

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:32:45 PM »
0
Wow, who'd a put money on PC passenger cars? ;D Broadway cars I assume.

Which Amtrak scheme on the E8?


Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »
0
PC Cars? That's awesome!!!!

Maybe now I DO need to get me a GG1.

oakcreekco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +133
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
0
Let the "peein' and moaning" begin ;D
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.

Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:54 PM »
0
Wow, who'd a put money on PC passenger cars? ;D Broadway cars I assume.

Still waiting on the final details but I understand it will be a mix of some green, silver and ex-B'way cars. The first set will consist of 1 coach and three different types of sleepers, so I have to assume there will be additional sets to follow.


Which Amtrak scheme on the E8?

Phase 1

MichaelWinicki

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2096
  • Respect: +335
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
0
I'll be getting the PC E8A and the cars.

Nice additions!

Props Kato!  :)

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12345
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8586
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »
0
Weren't Penn Central passenger cars affectionately known as "roach coaches"?

By the way, AMTK 419 was actually an E9A, originally built for the Union Pacific, and was the last E-unit built by EMD.

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
0
By the way, AMTK 419 was actually an E9A, originally built for the Union Pacific, and was the last E-unit built by EMD.

DFF

You mean Kato made a "boo boo"........... ? I was lead to believe they were perfect.....well; I have now lived to see everything........ ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:54:21 PM »
0
You can run PC E's on Amtrak.  Amtrak's Wash, DC section of the Broadway used them.  Here's proof.



Nice mix of cars on that train. 

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7454
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 01:59:25 PM »
0
Oh my....  If they announce a CR-appropriate SD40-2, the earth will drop out of orbit...
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

SecretWeapon

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 437
  • Respect: +41
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:01:58 PM »
0
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6763
  • Respect: +2639
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »
0
Maxi-I, is that correct???   :o :o 

Man, I'm going to run out of things to wish for.   :D 

Really going to have to work on some etched platforms for these and the Maxi-IVs now (assuming they're still plastic).

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »
0
Man what is it w/Kato and Penn Central lately. That's kinda cool! I've kinda taken a liking to the lost cause since I read the Jerry Taylor book on the PC.

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12345
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8586
Re: Kato September Announcements
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »
0
You mean Kato made a "boo boo"........... ? I was lead to believe they were perfect.....well; I have now lived to see everything........ ;)

I didn't mean my previous post to be a complaint against Kato.  I was just trying to point out the prototype's pedigree for those who were interested.  The differences between an E8 and an E9 are minor; in fact, Life Like has marketed theirs as an E8/9.

I might be in the market for an Amtrak E unit in Phase 1, because it would mesh perfectly with my early 1970s C&O (pre-Chessie System) rolling stock.  I love looking back at the rainbow of passenger cars on those early Amtrak trains.  That allows modelers of that era to run a random selection of cars in various roadnames.  To anyone who does that, though, be mindful that there were a few roads (e.g., Southern Ry.) that opted out of Amtrak in the beginning.

Dave

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.