Author Topic: Santa Fe all the way...  (Read 2633 times)

Micke C

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • Crawford Junction
Re: Santa Fe all the way...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »
http://www.ravnsbak.dk/articles/my%20mx%20class/photos%20eng/picture%20great%20northern%201.htm

Here's another European US-loco, The "Great Northern" TMY. Also a swedish built EMD License.

Leggy

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:12 AM »
As you can read its ex-DSB, another NOHAB build...

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »
I kinda like this loco. Not so ugly as perhaps a F40PH, or a P42. ;)

(reminds me of the Baldwin "babyface")

Mark
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:40:48 PM by NandW »

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
      Yes the German Bulldog Noses in Europe link of all the exesisting locos that are still in service,the huge variety of paint schemes some very attractive wow ! And then there is the Great Northern, complete with slver trucks and a red signal light below the headlight.One attractive red & white scheme with a stylized logo on the nose that remindes me of Metro North Long Island or NJ Transit. It just goes to show you that EMD (GM) built a rugged long lasting product world wide.                          Nate Goodman (Nato).

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »
     Even more amazing stuff to be found. In the link to the Nohab photos one loco painted in Kansas City Southern scheme,a 2007 photo. In the section Nohab in Kosovo we see Kosovo Railways J.S.B. 006 painted in Florida East Coast yellow ,red silver, complete with loco number boards added to nose to give a U.S. look. Complete shots of how an ugly rusted hulk was re done to become this loco. Loco oo5 in a FEC varient scheme with nose stripes like FEC E Units had near headlights. Finally in a section of photos in Sweden besides the Great Northern Locomotive we get to see T47 off center cab diesel switcher 107 also painted Great Northern, sort of reminisent of an NW-5.Photos on another page of the Santa Fe scheme loco in Kosovo with Santa Fe on the nose herald. Finally those amazing little switching platforms with handrails on both sides of the noses on some locos so two crew persons in their orannge coveralls can ride up front for switching moves. Nate Goodman (Nato).