Author Topic: Poultry cars  (Read 9290 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


spookshow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2174
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2468
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2020, 05:03:55 AM »
0
Wow, that guy has a whole bunch of interesting old kits for sale - Remington, Quality Craft, Railhead, American N Brass, et al.

-Mark

sd45elect2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1110
  • Respect: +453
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2020, 07:32:16 AM »
0
Like one of everything from the 1977 Walthers catalog...


sd45elect2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1110
  • Respect: +453
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2020, 07:55:18 AM »
0
I thought about bidding on it, it would be an interesting fit with the Dimi Trains cars.


thomasjmdavis

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4383
  • Respect: +1269
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2020, 03:32:29 PM »
0
Like one of everything from the 1977 Walthers catalog...
I was just thinking it reminds me of the N Scale shelf at the local hobby shop (long gone) in my Chicago neighborhood when I first got into N scale in circa 1977.

 I have built a couple of the buildings (being rather delicate bits of cardboard, foil and thin wood sheet, they did not survive the 7 moves of the past 40 years).  I agree with the sentiment that some of those kits are marginally more difficult than scratchbuilding. 

Somewhere, I think I still have a nearly finished 1902 RPO-

Tom D.

I gave up rivet counting when I couldn't see an N scale rivet anymore.

sd45elect2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1110
  • Respect: +453
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2020, 12:34:06 PM »
0
I’d really like to see a finished Western railcraft car for sure!

I did manage to get a Remington water car, I am planning to make some resin copies so I can also have a Richter vinegar car.

I was outbid on the poultry car.

Randy

SandyEggoJake

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 517
  • It's pronounced Sandy AHHH Go
  • Respect: +54
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2020, 01:02:40 PM »
0
Randy, what that the Railhead water car you bought? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Scale-I-Rail-head-Water-Car-KIT-74-01-Undec-less-T-C-595/324166606821?hash=item4b79d5dfe5:g:djUAAOSwN3xevdWF&autorefresh=true

If so and making resin copies, so post a thread on this as I could be in the market for up to 3.   

-Jake

sd45elect2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1110
  • Respect: +453
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »
0
There are two more kits available on the bay. I bought only one .

Search for ozerdem, I bought a kit from him/ her.

If I can get some resin copies to turn out you are certainly welcome to them, I only want two or three also.

nickelplate759

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3845
  • Respect: +1592
Re: Poultry cars
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
0
Randy, what that the Railhead water car you bought? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Scale-I-Rail-head-Water-Car-KIT-74-01-Undec-less-T-C-595/324166606821?hash=item4b79d5dfe5:g:djUAAOSwN3xevdWF&autorefresh=true

If so and making resin copies, so post a thread on this as I could be in the market for up to 3.   

-Jake

I built one of those years ago.  It was a little crude, but so were my skills.  I sure had fun doing it.
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.