Author Topic: New Online Store Ready to Test Out  (Read 5786 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« on: August 17, 2010, 05:26:51 PM »
0
Hey all,

With the store loaded, I am almost ready to turn the cart live later this week. I thought you guys would like to give it a look-over first. You can not place anything in the cart until I enter stock quantities. Once quantities are loaded, the cart will be live and payments (CC's and PayPal) can be processed. The Store has been customized to handle Dealer orders, with their special discounts, as well as normal Online Sales. Wish Lists, New Item and Re-stock Notifications, Newsletter Subscriptions, Personal Accounts and other goodies are for your usage.

My regular site will be the portal and as soon as the DNS propagates, the store will be transparent to my site. In the meantime, here is a direct link:
http://store.traincat2.com


« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:20:32 PM by TrainCat2 »
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:51:13 PM »
0
Cool, but its not complete until there are roofwalks for the Walthers PD 5000 hopper.

Oh and we could really use hand tools like saws, pitchforks, shovels, rakes, axes, brooms, etc.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19611
  • Respect: +6938
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
0
Bob,
I see a problem. Over on the left under "categories" I can't find "decals"  ;) :P

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:03:53 PM »
0
Looks good!
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »
0
Cool, but its not complete until there are roofwalks for the Walthers PD 5000 hopper.

Oh and we could really use hand tools like saws, pitchforks, shovels, rakes, axes, brooms, etc.

Or the Walthers PS 4427 covered hoppers.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
0
Bob,
I see a problem. Over on the left under "categories" I can't find "decals"  ;) :P
It's there Chis, I had it hidden with others until I had items in it. I just displayed it.
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
0
Whats the secret RAILWIRE discount code? ;)

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »
0
ImaAssHat   ;D
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 06:21:14 PM »
0
Butterfly platforms!? Wheah they at?
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:25 PM »
0
You will see them in a couple of weeks along with the 4-Track and 6-Track Train Sheds in . . . Structures, Train Sheds
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
0
On each item I bring up, the description has "Sorry but this item is currently unavailable" written OVER the word "Purchases". Granted, it draws my attention to the fact that I can't order the item at the moment, once I have deciphered the graphic elements apart, but I doubt you meant it to work that way.

Also, I don't know if it's this way with the shopping cart, but I filled a wish list and there was no obvious "return to shopping" option, which meant more navigation to get back. For the average clunkhead too busy to go back, that could mean less sales.

Otherwise, it looks great. I love the better quality photos.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

conrail98

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1462
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »
0
You will see them in a couple of weeks along with the 4-Track and 6-Track Train Sheds in . . . Structures, Train Sheds

Uh Oh, Mr. Wallet is going to be hit hard with that for Harrisburg,

Phil
- Phil

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:37:28 PM »
0
On each item I bring up, the description has "Sorry but this item is currently unavailable" written OVER the word "Purchases".

"You can not place anything in the cart until I enter stock quantities. Once quantities are loaded, the cart will be live and payments (CC's and PayPal) can be processed."
Bryan, with Qty in stock = 0, the item is "currently unavailable"


Also, I don't know if it's this way with the shopping cart, but I filled a wish list and there was no obvious "return to shopping" option, which meant more navigation to get back. For the average clunkhead too busy to go back, that could mean less sales.

Click Home on the top banner
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

avel

  • Guest
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 04:16:24 AM »
0
Orange on Blue? I would change that. Orange must go with some other color than blue.

DKS

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 13424
  • Respect: +7027
Re: New Online Store Ready to Test Out
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 05:34:32 AM »
0
Yay! Great job. Sorely needed.

Suggestion: Can you set up Advanced Search to filter by scale? That would be very useful.

Also, there are a bunch of really odd brand names in Advanced Search. Didn't know you sold anything from Apple and Microsoft.

Orange on Blue? I would change that. Orange must go with some other color than blue.

It's fine. Think B&O Timesaver...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:00:53 AM by David K. Smith »