Author Topic: Kato Budd Roof Needed - HELP!  (Read 738 times)

Scott Lupia

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
Kato Budd Roof Needed - HELP!
« on: August 11, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »
Hey guys:
I am getting the parts together for a Budd Dining car project and can't come up with the roof I need for the car.  The roof I need is part 805176 or 805177 which are the Budd sleeper roof and the Budd slumbercoach roof.  Of course, the Kato website is sold out.  Does anybody have one that they could part with?  Or, does anyone know anyplace online that might have them in stock?  I want to avoid using the other corrugated roofs that are in stock at Kato because they have the holes for vents which the car I am modeling doesn't have.  They would be really hard to plug due to the corrugation in the roof.  Any help would be great.

Thanks
Scott Lupia
"All I wanted was a Pepsi"

pedro

• Crew
  • Respect: +37
Re: Kato Budd Roof Needed - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:57 PM »
N Scale Supply has some single Budd sleeper cars on their pre-owned page. Not the cheapest option, but if you're desperate....

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Proactive advocate of truthiness
  • Respect: +133
    • Modutrak
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »
Which Budd dining car are you building?  For an NP 1959 Budd diner, I found the best roof was from a ConCor Budd Coach.  It had the square vents in the right spot aside from one, and the kitchen vents and antenna were easy to add.  I kept the roof and ends, used a core kit floor, and used M&R etched sides.  Might be another option for you.
Mike

www.modutrak.com
Better modeling through peer pressure...

Scott Lupia

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:44:01 PM »
I am building one of the DL&W Budd Diners.  I did one before and that Kato roof worked nicely.  I will check any other options available.

Scott
"All I wanted was a Pepsi"

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +996
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 04:26:14 PM »
I might have an extra Slumbercoach roof.  I'll let you know via email tonight when I get home.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net