Author Topic: BLMA & ExactRail 64' Reefer Box Car?  (Read 10102 times)

ljudice

Re: BLMA & ExactRail 64' Reefer Box Car?
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
It's a little strange...  I actually see a lot more of the BNSF cars (in NJ) - actually I don't think I've ever seen a UP. However, UP cars are famously used in solid trains - so there is the opportunity to sell a pile of cars to one person. Sort of like coalporters....????

You could also see an Atlas doing the BNSF car, which maybe is why these guys stayed away from it.

It's frustrating when you consider the ridiculous shortage of say 52' gondolas out there - not to mention TBOX and other modern 60' boxcars (except for the LBF leftovers).

Kev1340

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:03 PM »
I would gladly pay $25/car for the BNSF version.  I'm not sure why the UP was a more attractive market than the BNSF one.

I would say that "obviously the UP is more attractive" since both manufacturers chose this car, but I have a feeling that wasn't just unfortunate coincidence.  I'm sorry, but I don't buy all this "we didn't know" crap.  This is clearly starting to develop into a big pi$$ing contest that may ruin one or both of these great n-scale manufacturers.   How many more dupes are we gonna see from this?  It's kinda getting ridiculous.

There are too many great freight cars available out there that we need, guys.  Get over it.

I totally agree with you train of thought there Doug.

Is it just me, or has anyone else here noticed the common denominator between BLMA and Exactrail: Tangent ........ is someone stirring the pot?

Cheers,

Kev

FrankCampagna

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
WOW $25.00 a car is a bit to rich for me,seeing how i would want all 24 Cry

That's only $600. So sell a few organs. You'll raise the money, and know you've helped out your fellow man. As a bonus, you'll have plenty of time for modeling while you're recuperating.   :o :o :o.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Craig Martyn

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
    • BLMA Models
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »
I would gladly pay $25/car for the BNSF version.  I'm not sure why the UP was a more attractive market than the BNSF one.

I would say that "obviously the UP is more attractive" since both manufacturers chose this car, but I have a feeling that wasn't just unfortunate coincidence.  I'm sorry, but I don't buy all this "we didn't know" crap.  This is clearly starting to develop into a big pi$$ing contest that may ruin one or both of these great n-scale manufacturers.   How many more dupes are we gonna see from this?  It's kinda getting ridiculous.

There are too many great freight cars available out there that we need, guys.  Get over it.

I totally agree with you train of thought there Doug.

Is it just me, or has anyone else here noticed the common denominator between BLMA and Exactrail: Tangent ........ is someone stirring the pot?

Cheers,

Kev

To stop any rumors...

- This will not 'ruin' either company.
 - Tangent isn't stirring the pot - they're in NO way involved.
 - Speaking from our standpoint, there was no way to know of ER's intentions, nor would simple 'intentions' stop R&D from moving forward.  In this situation, you saw which model was announced first, with details, with the video, with the marketing, etc.  Months and months of planning on this side; the other side, a reaction... 

Life goes on, and we appreciate all of the support!
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

pfs

• Crew
  • HPI 1975-?
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »

Life goes on, and we appreciate all of the support!

Bulk truck packs would get even more support!  :)