Author Topic: Cherangell  (Read 1357 times)

upnick

• Respect: 0
Cherangell
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:51:16 AM »
Hi  All,   

Last year i   started on  and end to end  HO    layout  on these board but  found it asnt for me before i  had done too  much  so .......
I  settled  on  a plan  for   my new N scale  layout having  searched  the net for a  long time  for a  good  intermodal  plan for use in  the future   & have come back  to   Kingman   a  layout  which  was built  to portray  area 41   .....  my intermodal theme  will  be based  on  it   using  the main   three outer  tracks  with  some adaptation in  the centre depending  on how things  go   again  i   intend to  use  Peco flexi code 55   track  &  electrofrog turnouts  .......  the boards to  be  13ft  long   2ft  wide in the centre  the ends  out  to   2ft6'' -3ft  to  allow a turnaround  for  the  locos  in  four  modules for ease of movement  in  future.

The story so far  is   from my slow  :o progress over the last few months  .........   

Many thanks to   B17  fortress the   orginator of  this plan   for  his  permission  to  use  it for my  new  venture.

i  finished   laying track   &  wiring  the  bus  in  on  the first   board   &   tested  it all   especially   the outer  curve for   smooth  running   &   clearance  for  the #4001 Big  Boy.   

All  went well  took a couple of pictures.   

What goes in the centre of the turnaround in  the centre is  in the planning   possibly a  hill with  a   short tunnel  up to the end  backboard  :?:

A short video   of progress with track  laying  ......  the  outer three circuits  in place  so a test with a consist  &  train was called for    :D   :wink:  :wink:

/>
Yesterday imade a start with  two Pikestuf kits (small engine house  &   prefab warehouse) to make up   a warehouse for the  car  distribution  plant  ............       i  have modelled the various height doors in  Open/closed  postions for  more interest  the  walls are  lifted with  plastruct  beam to the right height for truck   loading/unloading.

The inner with  plastruct beam running the length of the building for strength &   height .

Inside the open  door  a floor of  plasticard  put in   i  am thinking of a  a small   office  with a stair   here  possibly ??

Basic walls finish  set on  a foamboard base

Few with an   Atlas semi  trailer  .....................  roofing  glazing  &   some details & it will  be near  to  undercoat   :)   

NorfolkSouthern9708

• Crew
  • Respect: -1
Re: Cherangell
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:52:51 AM »
I like it but, what about the staging in the back, will you be able to reach that?

upnick

• Respect: 0
Re: Cherangell
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »
Hi NorfolkSouthern,   

Yes i've thought about this  being  tall   and having very long arms helps  not had problems so far   but i   see your point   .........   the assembly plant  warehouse  could be on a higher level  so  to be able to reach  the back  is  part of the planning  with this.   

A little of  an update today i  got the roof  on  &   lighting fitted  inside  the building  ready to  seal  the  back.........    deciding what to  have in the  loading  bay  for interest before its all   sealed.

I like it but, what about the staging in the back, will you be able to reach that?