Author Topic: this doesn't sound good...  (Read 14541 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2010, 12:43:43 AM »
0
Well, Rapido isn't going to be affected... though they admit pricing is going to increase for unrelated reasons.

http://www.rapidotrains.com/telegraph_currrent.html

stuntman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2010, 02:02:25 AM »
0
lol guys, Camaros are made in Canada (durn furners!) ;D

This thread is veering into silliness.

Mark

  So are the Challengers...... Hmmmmm.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12269
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11742
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2010, 07:20:56 AM »
0
So IM and Deluxe are going to be getting the boot? Or they're still "in"?

FWIW, my LHS owner mentioned to me, as I bought another Deluxe PRR boxcar last week, that the company was gong to have trouble getting product to the market for at least a year.

JoeD

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1389
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »
0
Mark,  our capacity issues are that we work to capacity!  I don't know if there is any interest in taking on outside work or not.   If it were my dime, I would take on Wheels of Time so I could get my hands on unlimited supplies of those Harriman Beauties, and Bryan's ESM so I could make him to come to his senses and produce Southern Pacific Prototypes  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joe
MTL

I wonder if MicroTrains can expand to do work for some of the smaller manufacturers?

I tend to doubt it. I keep hearing that MT has capacity issues (cited as a reason that so much tooling "sits" for extended periods).

Joe correct me where applicable!

Mark
in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

Rossford Yard

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1201
  • Respect: +165
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2010, 10:06:23 AM »
0
Hopefully, there will be some discussion at the mfg breakfast in Houston and someone will report back more mfgs responses and concerns.  I just hope they aren't like the oil companies, who use every crisis to raise prices (seemingly) ;)

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
0
So IM and Deluxe are going to be getting the boot? Or they're still "in"?

FWIW, my LHS owner mentioned to me, as I bought another Deluxe PRR boxcar last week, that the company was gong to have trouble getting product to the market for at least a year.

Great, just as they announce CAST 20' containers  :-[

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
0
Mark,  our capacity issues are that we work to capacity!  I don't know if there is any interest in taking on outside work or not.   If it were my dime, I would take on Wheels of Time so I could get my hands on unlimited supplies of those Harriman Beauties, and Bryan's ESM so I could make him to come to his senses and produce Southern Pacific Prototypes  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joe
MTL


No no Joe, we need Bryan to stay East coast....don't need more Katoism!
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
0
Hush Ian, I'm with Joe on this one! :)

Talking of price rises, I'm glad I'm away from the UK, the 20% sales tax that would be applied to things I imported added to the weak pound and the rising Chinese currency would  have stopped me buying stuff outright.

Glad I stocked up when it was $2=£1

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »
0
+1
Later SP gons deserve love too...

We don't tolerate Kato being coastal-centric, why would we give another company a pass for the same 'sins' just because they serve the other coast?
Support fine modeling

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12269
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11742
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
0
Sounds like you all need a WESTERN Seaboard Models...

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
0
Sounds like you all need a WESTERN Seaboard Models...

Probably a viable business actually, lots of love for the SP out there, and then you get to repaint everything for Golden West and then UP ;)

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
0
Sounds like you all need a WESTERN Seaboard Models...


Exactrail.



Jason

christoph

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 153
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
0
Several of the "cut-off" importers are from Europe, especially Germany.
Märklin has made a press release that they are going to transfer that part of the production in China back to Hungary.  Others mentioned in a German report are Brawa, Brekina (H0 vehicles) and Hornby.  Not too sure about the latter as they are not that small, but a direct competitor to Kader's own brands.

Jason's letter is the best answer to these questions I have seen, a class act indeed.
Christoph

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2010, 09:51:24 PM »
0
Sounds like you all need a WESTERN Seaboard Models...


Exactrail.



Jason

Hmm..... well; let's just see.............

Here's their current on line n scale listing.....

RailRoad
Alaska (1) . North.........really north
ATSF (2) . Central - South- South west
B&O (1) . Eastern
BN (3) . Pacific Northwest
BNSF (3) . Western - Central
CGW (1) . Central
CN (1) . Canada
CP (1) . Canada
CR (1) . Eastern - Central
CSXT (2) ....Eastern - Central
DME (1) ....Central ?
DRGW (1) .... Southwestern
EXRC (1) .got no bloody idea.....
FEC (1) . Southeastern.............
GM&O (1) . Central - southern
GN (1) . Pacific Northwest
IC (2) . Central - Southern
ICG (2) . Cebtral - Southern
L&N (1) . Central - Southern
MILW (2) . Western - Central
NOKL (1) ....all over the place ?
NP (1) .... Pacific Northwest
NS (1) . Central - Eastern
NW (1) . Central - Eastern
SCL (2) ... Central - Southern
Soo/CP (1) ... Canada - Northern Central
SOU (1) .... Southern
SP (5) ... Southern - Western
SP&S (1) . Pacific Northwest
SRY (2) . Southern
TTX (2) .All over the place
UP (2) . Southwestern... but really all over the place
WAB (1) . Eastern - Central
WC (1) . Northern Central
WP (1)  Southwestern


Ok; so; this seems like a broadly based geographic sampling...............or am I missing something.....?
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: this doesn't sound good...
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2010, 10:11:59 PM »
0


Hmm..... well; let's just see.............

Here's their current on line n scale listing.....

RailRoad
Alaska (1) .Alaska
ATSF (2) . Western
B&O (1) . Eastern
BN (3) . Western
BNSF (3) . Western
CGW (1) . Western
CN (1) . Canada
CP (1) . Canada
CR (1) . Eastern
CSXT (2) ....Eastern
DME (1) ....Western
DRGW (1) . Western
FEC (1) . Eastern
GM&O (1) . Eastern
GN (1) . Western
IC (2) . Eastern
ICG (2) . Eastern
L&N (1) . Eastern
MILW (2) . Western
NOKL (1) . Western
NP (1) .Western
NS (1) . Eastern
NW (1) .  Eastern
SCL (2) . Eastern
Soo/CP (1) . Western
SOU (1) . Eastern
SP (5) . Western
SP&S (1) . Western
SRY (2) . Eastern
TTX (2) .All over the place
UP (2) . Western
WAB (1) . Eastern
WC (1) . Western
WP (1)  Western


Edited for how RR's are viewed in terms of geography by US model railroaders in terms of Eastern Rd and Western Rd names.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1