Author Topic: Weekend Update - 5/30/2010  (Read 7792 times)

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
Re: Weekend Update - 5/30/2010
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
Spent the past month moving out of the old place to a new house with a guest cottage out back...re man cave!  I'm going to use the bedroom for the N scale layout and keep my Z module in the front.  I'll be posting some ideas for the track plan over the next couple of weeks to get some input.  Theme will be SP Coast Route and an LA TOFC terminus.  This is the first time I've had actual dedicated space so I'm pretty jazzed.  First though I have some Laser Obligations (Tom) to take care of before doing anything.

Pics to follow.

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
Been living in a tent since late last week - no electricity no toilets and no cell service  ::)

What's so bad about that?
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
Attended "24 Hours @ Saginaw" railfan event hosted by the NRHS.  Was only there about an hour and only saw one UP grain train and a BNSF Roadrailer train. (which always looks strangely similar to an NS train since it almost always has NS power and Triple Crown roadrailers)

The reason I couldn't stay longer was a move over the weekend to a larger apartment.  More space to roam around, and now the layout isn't crammed in a corner.  Right now it's still in pieces but I hope to have it back together this weekend.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
  First though I have some Laser Obligations (Tom) to take care of before doing anything.

Nice! ;D

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »
Been living in a tent since late last week - no electricity no toilets and no cell service  ::)

Nuttin. Except, about a mile away I had good reception. Odd dead spot.

Oh yeah, if you were a parent you might understand why I care about the cell service. ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:38:18 PM by NandW »

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »

Some of us have lives and kids, and don't live in Dumkfukistan full time.  Try it sometime... there is civilization outside of Down East.