Author Topic: Progress on the Housatonic Railroad Layout  (Read 5659 times)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7846
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Progress on the Housatonic Railroad Layout
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 12:07:36 PM »
Cool, I wasn't sure if you were done or not there, so I wanted to make mention of it.

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
Ed, I appreciate it.  With the size of the layout, I would never have the time needed to make enough super trees, so I'm looking for a viable background fill in tree option.  I think I found it, but the color has to be fixed.  When I get the right mix, I can mass produce them, with enough variation to provide good texture and hopefully a smooth transition into the foreground super trees.

As I said, I like the feedback and quality of the modeling here on the Railwire, so what better place to get a fresh perspective and advice.

Eric

Allentown Hump

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »
Hey Pompy, you have a site with all your pics on it? I have a buddy who would get a kick out of these shots...
A-Town Hump

"I believe the technical term for you would be 'a$$hat extraordinaire'."

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
Hey Pompy, you have a site with all your pics on it? I have a buddy who would get a kick out of these shots...

Unfortunately, the site that hosted a bunch of them is no more.   ::)  I'm sure I can figure a way to get some to you in the next couple of weeks though.

I do need to find a better photo hosting site, especially one that is not blocked here at work.  picassa, photo bucket, etc. are all blocked here.

Eric