Author Topic: The Potomac Project  (Read 3919 times)

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +66
Re: The Potomac Project
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
I think I know why your pictures come out "yellow". You need to set the lighting type before you take the picture (if you're still using Bryans camera). Is it a Canon or Nikon?

The S.

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »
And for those of you taking notes, this is why I haven't made any progress on my layout.... ;)

Lee

I wish I could make some spending cash while not working on mine! ;)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »
I think I know why your pictures come out "yellow". You need to set the lighting type before you take the picture (if you're still using Bryans camera). Is it a Canon or Nikon?

The S.

I shot those with the little Nikon L20.  I haven't been able to master close ups with Bryan's yet.  I don't think the lens on it is well suited to macro work.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »

The S.

I shot those with the little Nikon L20.  I haven't been able to master close ups with Bryan's yet.  I don't think the lens on it is well suited to macro work.

Lee

For the L20: from Auto Mode => MENU (shooting menu) => WB (white balance) then select whatever the lighting scenario truly is for the location of the shot. Auto WB is the bane of most camera's existence. Try some more shots without AUTO white balance and see if that remove's the yellow hue. Bryans camera should have the similar setup, however you may need to set it to M-mode (Manual) to adjust the WB/Lighting.

The S.

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:01 PM »

The S.

Lee

For the L20: from Auto Mode => MENU (shooting menu) => WB (white balance) then select whatever the lighting scenario truly is for the location of the shot. Auto WB is the bane of most camera's existence. Try some more shots without AUTO white balance and see if that remove's the yellow hue. Bryans camera should have the similar setup, however you may need to set it to M-mode (Manual) to adjust the WB/Lighting.

The S.

It's the same deal on some of the Canons.  I have to set my SD1200 to "Program/Manual" for decent white balance - which includes changing about 15 settings.  Of course, they auto-reset the moment some one flips the master switch to "Auto".  :'(
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

2-8-8-0

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »
Suddenly, changing the steps, walkways, and modifying the cab sides on my LL 0-8-0 dosent seem quite so big a project. Very nice so far, the step by step pics and descriptions have given me some ideas!
Just say no to dummy couplers.