Author Topic: Atlas SPRING Catalog is up....  (Read 6490 times)

ljudice

Re: Atlas SPRING Catalog is up....
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »
Since when was Railwire the Atlas forum???  

If Atlas was my business, I'd be showing the DEALERS that I was out doing EVERYTHING I CAN DO to bring product to them to sell. Not playing around with Twitter!

Or at least I'd tweet:  "OFF TO CHINA TO KICK SOME a$$ AND GET THAT CODE 55 DELIVERED PRONTO!!!"

Instead there is a baloney letter about catching up by mid year (which doesn't seem likely) and a love note to the company that presumably is responsible for their mess.

I have a lot of respect for the guys at Atlas who bring us great products, but not for their owners, who sold out entirely to China and ended up having a competitor holding them by the balls.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:11:27 AM by ljudice »

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »

and a love note to the company that presumably is responsible for their mess.

Maybe that note was read as an obituary and therefore created the mess!

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2010, 09:26:32 AM »

Quote from: Cory Rothlisberger

"Just to set the record straight, the Code 55 flex mold was damaged beyond repair."

I don't know what's so hard to understand.

Jason

Allentown Hump

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »
Since when was Railwire the Atlas forum???  

If Atlas was my business, I'd be showing the DEALERS that I was out doing EVERYTHING I CAN DO to bring product to them to sell. Not playing around with Twitter!

Lou, you are still failing to realize that the "Tweet" was from April 19th, 2009
A-Town Hump

"I believe the technical term for you would be 'a$$hat extraordinaire'."

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
... I have a lot of respect for the guys at Atlas who bring us great products, but not for their owners, who sold out entirely to China and ended up having a competitor holding them by the balls.

You obviously don't know any of the reasons that led to Atlas moving the track manufacturing overseas based on your "selling out" statement, so you're not really in a position to pass judgment in that area.  Come manufacture in New Jersey for a few decades and deal with continuously-tightening state regulatory restrictions, and then you would be able to offer a valid assessment.

Also, when you see another model railroad manufacturer have the temerity to try to make inroads in the track business, which is still the bread-and-butter of Atlas, then you can say the move to China might have some downside.  Which is unlikely.  The only way Atlas loses its major share of the track market is if they choose to abandon it.  Which also is unlikely.  And it's a family-owned business by the way, which if not for their pioneering efforts in the latter part of the last century, the industry - especially N scale - wouldn't be anywhere as advanced and diverse as it is today.  And the family is hands-on and involved in the process, which means you should have as much respect for them as you do for the "guys."

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:32:49 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net