Author Topic: ho hum...  (Read 2249 times)

diezmon

• Crew
  • Do they speak English in "What"?
  • Respect: +264
ho hum...
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
It's been a couple of months and I haven't touched the trains.   I'm just not in the mood lately. maybe it's spring?   

Anyone else feelin' it?

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: ho hum...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »
Waiting
for C55 flex.  Spines, tanks, and GENSETS on order.  Going to be a great model railroad fall and winter in 2010.

Beautiful spring at the golf course before the oven hot Atlanta summer begins in a few short weeks.  Just in a holding pattern of late, life keeps getting in the way...
Support fine modeling

MichaelWinicki

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »
Opposite for me.

With Spring coming early in the northeast it allowed me to get an early start into some big-time Sculptamold tossing.   I can't tell you how many 1 quart container fulls of Sculptamold I've whipped up and applied to the benchwork over the last month– But it's been a lot. 

hegstad1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1631
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »
It's golf season diez.  How about a round at Loggers or Oak Glen?  Or are you a member at the country club?  :D
Andrew Hegstad

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:59:47 PM »
Been lowering passenger cars.................it's not modeling....... and "yes" the clubs are clean...........dang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Hyperion

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »
...and GENSETS on order...
Alright, what did I miss...?
-Mark

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
...and GENSETS on order...
Alright, what did I miss...?

Nothing
I just had to go Horribly Oversized but the GENSET itch was waaaay too powerful to resist...
Support fine modeling

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:00:29 AM »
My modeling stopped when the snow stopped.  It may have still been below freezing here, in February.  But, with no snow on the ground, I got started on the yard.... and haven't stopped, since.

Our house sat vacant for about 14 months, before we bought it.  The lawn was properly watered, mowed, and fertilized during the time.  However, there was no weed management.  Having bought the house at the end of the growing season; there wasn't much I could do about it last year.  So... I've been beating back the rag weed, dandelions, and crab grass; and trying to reclaim a few flower beds and garden areas.

On the up side - It's finals week... 
Maybe the next month will allow me to get a bunch of my brother's HO and N stuff posted for sale.
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 07:21:27 AM »
the lack of Atlas C55 has pushed my to weathering and ballasting the plywood plains...  although the Centrallia release of NKP passenger cars appeased the beastie inside for a while.... ;D.  The Atlas releases of diesel's in the upcoming months (NKP) are the light at the end of the tunnel (and yes, in this case it IS a train). 

Benchwork is next on my list of needs.  I will get to that this week.  Then again, no track to put on it... but boy that benchwork will look nice!  :(
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 08:04:50 AM »
Anyone else feelin' it?

Nope, just the opposite. I've got more mrr projects going now than I have maybe in years.

diezmon

• Crew
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:20:55 AM »
It's golf season diez.  How about a round at Loggers or Oak Glen?  Or are you a member at the country club?  :D

nope, not a member.. but I get to watch women tee off from the tenth right at the end of my yard.  LOL  I probably should be golfer huh?  LOL

diezmon

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:57 AM »
ironically, summer is when I can work on the layout in the garage.. maybe I'll get my spirit back in time.

I tend to work more on the ship in the summer.. and, of course, the honey-do list.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
Not really ho-hum, but definitely distracted.  Only one decoder to mess with, and a little passenger car project for a guy that's not in a hurry, so there's no real pressure to get to the workbench... so I don't.

I'd like to get a couple things changed around on the layout before I start back to work next week, but I've got a pretty heavy lift to get a house plan done by Friday to finance the Rail B Q trip...  I'll probably be laying low for a bit.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net