Author Topic: MTL posted some Heavyweight pix  (Read 6530 times)

altohorn25

• Crew
  • Respect: +418
    • Mini Mod u Trak
Re: MTL posted some Heavyweight pix
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »
An enclosed solarium would be a great addition to this line along with more head end equipment.  Love the RPO and am looking forward to the upcoming cars.

Nate
Nate Pierce
Modutrak - Wisconsin Division
www.modutrak.com

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »
The next series is not set in stone yet, but I do have my preferences...Single window Commuter coach, Business car with or without a deck...still noodling around that one.  A full size Baggage car or some sort of combine and a fourth yet to be established.  I think we are good with the sleepers...possibly a diner car?  Good to see the positive reception, makes selling new tooling to management a lot easier.  I have been working on my SP consist for a few weeks now, hopefully I can post some shots soon.  The further we get into this series the easier it will be to start mixing and matching tooling to fill in the gaps in prototypes.

Cheers

Joe
MTL

Heavyweight coach of any kind would be great.  I really like the diner idea because a lot of roads used these well into the streamliner era.  A baggage in between 50' and 85' would add the variety often found in headend equipment.  I like the business car idea but can't decide between platform or not, so how about both!  Anyway, coaches and diners would get my votes first.  Whatever you make I will most likely buy and several of each. 

I would love to see more manufactures get into this game!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2010, 01:02:39 AM »
"What's this Pennsy car?

That's a PRR P-30A troop sleeper rblt. from a PRR X32 round roofed auto boxcar.  Controversy as to how many were made (a summary of PRR activities in 1942 states 40 but a PRR forum says that there were 1 P30 prototype and 29 P30a cars). They retained the portholes for about 6 months and then were rblt. with square windows and remained this way for the duration of the war, leased to Pullman.  4 similar troop kitchen cars were also built, along with a few "command" cars rebuilt from P78 coaches (though the command cars never saw use on troop trains and were used in other services).  Below is a shot of a brass model of these cars after rebuilding with square windows... note the application of Allied trucks, which apparently were applied sometime early in their carriers.
http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=88773&prod_image_ext=jpg

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:56:58 AM by jmlaboda »

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +185
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »
Jerry,

Thanks!  ;D I've wondered what that car was for years!

Mark

Two Truck Shay

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »
I hope they make a sufficient quantity so that you don't have to go all mental to acquire some of them. I went through that nonsense with the bay window caboose, and never again! If they make enough that I can order one in a reasonable fashion, I will probably do so, FWIW.