Author Topic: Kato SD70ace  (Read 1420 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
Kato SD70ace
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »
This is the only loco I have with ditch lights.  How do you control them?  They stay on all the time and is it possible to make them alternate?  I'm using an MRC Advance system.

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: Kato SD70ace
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:56:23 PM »
This is N-scale, right? I don't have an SD70ACE, but the N scale Kato locos that I do have all light the ditch lights & front headlights from a single LED. (The rear headlight has its own independent LED).   Seems to me you'd have to install independent LEDs, and then wire them to separate decoder functions.

bigford

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »
if the link is still working leo shows you how to blink your
ditch lights
http://realityreduced.blip.tv/#1309367

upnick

• Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »
If this is the Kato   N scale i   converted the  ditch   lights as in the  reality  reduced video   but  used   SMD's  on  TCS   decoder  30  gauge wire   instead of the  bulbs  ....   to  save on  space  CA   a tiny piece of  thin   plasticard to   the chassis  around the cab  area  only  put a  tiny spot of CA  on  one side of the chassis  in   case you need  to   disassemble it then   solder the blue decoder   &   two  light  blue wires to  a tiny  square of brass  sheet  then   glue to  plastic  insulating it from the chassis.   

I used  a digitrax DN163K1C  board decoder soldering to the  extra function pads  also   i  added step   lights with  SMD's again &  fibre optics to use the other functions  ;D

CV 51 &  52  where set to  the   value of 4  when  i  use it i   press function  1  let it flash a couple of times then  function  2  which gives an  alternating  flash light effect.
Hope this helps  ;D ;D