Author Topic: Why are NS -9s so scarce (as models)  (Read 5269 times)

ljudice

Re: Why are NS -9s so scarce (as models)
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 09:02:26 AM »
That's exactly what I said - they're not going to make something that is seriously incorrect. What you do after you buy the model is up to you.

I could easily get correct cabs from M4D and probably even fix the ditchlight and a/c vent problem - but I know very well that such a project would sit here unfinished for the next 20 years. I actually have six AC4400 frames and six fully painted and decaled NS Dash 9's that have been sitting unfinished for at least 3 years.

Lenny53

• Crew
  • Respect: +1557
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 09:35:10 AM »
That's exactly what I said - they're not going to make something that is seriously incorrect. What you do after you buy the model is up to you.

Umm no, the CN model was seriously incorrect, did stop Kato at all.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 09:49:36 AM »

Umm no, the CN model was seriously incorrect, did stop Kato at all.

Lenny, I know where you're coming from, but I think that some of the mindset (wrt: that) at Kato has changed.

Lenny53

• Crew
  • Respect: +1557
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 10:58:34 AM »

Umm no, the CN model was seriously incorrect, did not stop Kato at all.

Lenny, I know where you're coming from, but I think that some of the mindset (wrt: that) at Kato has changed.
Possibly, I know Kato said they would not release the F40 in VIA paint because it was not the right model.  However, I believe both Atlas and
Kato will do whatever they think they can get away with when it comes to selling models.  Atlas has gone as far as to label models as not
being correct which I appreciate but I still have a sore point with regards to the Canadian version of the C630 and their response regarding nose
mounted headlights.

NSES40DC

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »
Everybody is currently snatching them up there rare and I have some that I've repair (2) undecorated that I traded some newer Sd 70mac (Conrail) which at that time I wasn't modeling an area for I need them.