Author Topic: New Morning Sun Books, lot's o' Eastern Stuff.  (Read 769 times)

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler

Ali Kenneth

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Re: New Morning Sun Books, lot's o' Eastern Stuff.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:42:50 PM »
Oh dear, wallet brace yourself!

Alasdair

pedro

• Crew
  • Respect: +329
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »
Not sure what kind of prices you guys have been finding for MS books, but I've recently "discovered" Golden Spike http://www.goldenspike.us/ the new titles are 45.95, and many of the older ones are as low as $35. Just thought I'd pass that along, as I've ordered stuff from them recently and haven't found MS books new for any cheaper. I hate paying $60 for them, as nice as they are.

I vouch for them, very fast and I've never seen such careful packing. Just passed along as a courtesy from a happy customer, I have no other affiliation!

Pete

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »
Pete,

Thanks, added to my bookmarks! 8)

Mark

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
While these new releases are not in my area of interest, this thread got me to thinking that Morning Sun Books may be the most valuable source of information to have come along in a very long time. In fact, their work may be unprecedented in its scope. I own about 10 of their books, and I spend more time in these than just about any other reference series.  Even with the breadth of their authorship, they seem to always produce a well written and organized book. I can't remember the last time I ran across an obvious typo (although I am sure they are out there), and the quality of their printing and binding is quite good as well. They are worthy of some kind of lifetime achievement award.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Ali Kenneth

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »
Not sure what kind of prices you guys have been finding for MS books, but I've recently "discovered" Golden Spike http://www.goldenspike.us/ the new titles are 45.95, and many of the older ones are as low as $35. Just thought I'd pass that along, as I've ordered stuff from them recently and haven't found MS books new for any cheaper. I hate paying $60 for them, as nice as they are.

I vouch for them, very fast and I've never seen such careful packing. Just passed along as a courtesy from a happy customer, I have no other affiliation!

Pete
I highly recommend Randy at Goldenspike, been using him for most of my US book purchases and he is very competitively priced and has managed to get a parcel of books to me in the UK in less than a week!

Alasdair

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 07:14:29 PM »
Just bought their most recent Erie book.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »
I just went through Goldenspikes offerings to see how much it'd cost me if I had more money than brains. It was close to $1300 and I didn't go through everything on the site! So many books, so little money...

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 03:51:34 AM »
pfff

When is Conrail Freight Cars Vol 2 coming?
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away