Author Topic: RANT: I've been sold by Model Railroader  (Read 6418 times)

davidone

Re: RANT: I've been sold by Model Railroader
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 12:42:20 PM »
Any of you guys ever hear of the trash, if you don't want it, trash it. Simple. Geez, to get yourself all worked up for some advertisments that you did not order is beyond me. 

Dave

randgust

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »
The model stuff really doesn't bother me.  If it keeps the magazines in business (and its a tough one) I'll live with it.

But sometimes the associations are....creative.  I bought fiberglass boat repair syringes to do my N resin casting from US Marine.  They sold my mailing list, apparently, to boat suppliers.  Now I'm getting 'free' boat classified publications - for BIG boats.  And they sold my mailing list too, I'm guessing, which is how I'm now receiving a classified ad publication for private aircraft. 

My wife says 'SO WHERE'S MY 40' YACHT?   WHERE'S THE LEARJET??'

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 08:37:41 AM »
The model stuff really doesn't bother me.  If it keeps the magazines in business (and its a tough one) I'll live with it.

But sometimes the associations are....creative.  I bought fiberglass boat repair syringes to do my N resin casting from US Marine.  They sold my mailing list, apparently, to boat suppliers.  Now I'm getting 'free' boat classified publications - for BIG boats.  And they sold my mailing list too, I'm guessing, which is how I'm now receiving a classified ad publication for private aircraft. 

My wife says 'SO WHERE'S MY 40' YACHT?   WHERE'S THE LEARJET??'

So, when you get the Golfstream, you'll take me for a ride?
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com