Author Topic: Next FVM Gevo's are here.  (Read 12841 times)

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
Re: Next FVM Gevo's are here.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 09:56:46 AM »
Here's hoping!

Mark 8)

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

But FVM's desire to stay rather close to the prototype might scare them off as the ACes have more than a fair bit of variation.

Its a nice unit but the Ferromex and IAS units are foobs. It missing the extra vent for the dynamic brakes among other thing. So FVM desire is to make as closed to proto as long as you model early UP, BNSF and CP GEVOS.

The definition of FOOB is Failure out of the Box. I hardly find that to be the case with these models. Bang on 100% prototype? No, but I give them a lot more credit than calling them a FOOB because that is just not the case. They exceed many peoples expectations in many ways, especially when you consider this is a new manufacturer to the locomotive market. If you are willing to call this model a failure than I have to assume that you have little or no power/rolling stock on your layout because 99% of everything being produced has some sort of flaw when compared to the actual prototype. Perfection is just about not possible when you are trying to appeal to the masses and that is true across the board with every single N Scale manufacturer out there.

Sometimes close enough is just fine for everyone. Most people are willing to forgive something as small as a vent if the paint scheme looks like the pictures they see. I don't know what road you model or if it even has GEVO's (probably not) but am just curious as to why you feel like you need to crap all over everyone's good time? People are happy with their purchases, why can't you just let it be?

I did not call it a failure, foobs as in foobie, I said they were not correct for those two roads. If it was Kato, MT, IM and MTH in HO some people would be up in arms and nitpik every single detail.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »
I think this just illustrates the difficulties in doing a model that's still in production.

FXEs first order of ES44ACs is very different from their second order... and they were only 9 months apart.

First order:

Second order:

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 05:32:42 PM »
this is kind of like the GP40-2s and their phases ..

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
They're worse... GE took Every Model Different and Six Sigma'd it.

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »
Does anyone know -- aren't FVM's  UP GEVOs supposed to be due this month?

Thanks,
Ed

stuntman

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »
Does anyone know -- aren't FVM's  UP GEVOs supposed to be due this month?

Thanks,
Ed

Yup!  End of the month maybe?       I have three on order, But I could use about 15. ;D

Midniteflyer

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »
I bought the BNSF & IAIS and they both shipped the last week of the month they were due.
Black & Gold Rules !!!!!!!!!!!!

sd75i

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »
   I bought all three FXE and they are very impressive.  I ran them on the tehachaCHI sub.  With his brutal grades and weighted cars, they performed very well.  I can't seem to post pics though.  Maybe a tunnel motor next?  Hmmmm?

dave t

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »
   I bought all three FXE and they are very impressive.  I ran them on the tehachaCHI sub.  With his brutal grades and weighted cars, they performed very well.  I can't seem to post pics though.  Maybe a tunnel motor next?  Hmmmm?
dave t

Seems like a natural to me. N Scale deserves a better tunnel motor.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 12:20:51 AM »

dave t

If I remember correctly, N scale already got a tunnel motor. I think an AS616 should be next.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +290
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
dave t

Where can we sign up for this????

Tivo - get those candles out again!
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

sd75i

• Crew
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »
    N Scale railroading MAR/APR issue says they are going to do the IAIS unit in case anybody doesnt know!

dave t

sd75i

• Crew
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
  I forgot to mention I bought them from Feather River Trains and had awesome customer service!  Thanks Mr. Chuck!

dave t.

oakcreekco

• Crew
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
dave t

Amen ;)
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.