Author Topic: AC&Y - Litchfield to Spencer OH  (Read 51781 times)

SAH

• Crew
  • Respect: +1259
Re: AC&Y - Litchfield to Spencer OH
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
Why terminate? Isn't this the second move and still kicking.

I'm hoping the next iteration will go beyond both Spencer and Litchfield Chris.   Why not change the name thread name too. :)

Rich_S

• Crew
  • Respect: +148
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2015, 06:58:07 PM »
Where once there was a railroad.

I've always said it was never a question of if.  Only a matter of when.  The time has come.

On the positive side:  The new space is slightly bigger and has fewer dual use constraints.  And there are lots of great layout here in central NC to satisfy the ops bug.
The negatives:  6 years to get this far.  Gone in 6 hours.

Building in sections means it can rise again and likely will in one form or another.

With this post I suppose it's time to terminate the AC&Y - Litchfield to Spencer thread.  Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement over the years.  We'll see what happens next.

Steve

Steve, The first word that came to mind was "Nooooooo" I was looking forward to more updates on this layout. Starting over is exciting, trying new ideas and modeling new areas not modeled on the previous layout. It's sad to see this version of the AC&Y gone, but I'm looking forward to seeing the next version of the AC&Y.   

El4774

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2019, 05:49:31 PM »
I thought I'd put a few photos of the newly re-powered PhIII H16-44 on this thread and show a different photo angle too.
I am REALLY happy with the performance of these locos now.  I did ACY 208 too.  It now is a superb runner as well as a great puller.  207 is a bit balky but some tuning and DCC work may help with that.  Much better than with the Bachmann mechanism for certain.

Now I have to make a decision about color.  The stock Atlas model is on the left.  The legend about the AC&Y paint scheme is that UP had an order for the H20-44 on the shop floor when the AC&Y guys came to visit.  Perhaps to finalize their order.  The AC&Y guys decided to paint theirs like the UP scheme, as far as the yellow and silver trucks go anyway.  Just what color is "UP Armour Yellow" anyway?  I picked the Polly Scale bottle with the same name.  I've been concerned it was too pale of a yellow shade, especially compared to the Atlas model.  Now that it's weathered I think it's a better match to the AC&Y diesels in the photos I've seen than the yellow Atlas chose.  I'll probably paint the stock Atlas model to match my other three.  At least the black is already done.

Thanks for looking.
Steve

Why arent some of the pictures loading?

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2019, 06:04:37 PM »
Probably because they were posted in 2015 and have been removed or "Photo Bucket'ed".  :D

El4774

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »
Gotcha I was reading old articles and looking for inspiration