Author Topic: Conrail's Allegheny Crossing as NTRAK Modules  (Read 26647 times)

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
Re: Conrail's Allegheny Crossing as NTRAK Modules
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2009, 06:06:57 PM »
If you guys are going to go to all the trouble to make these "uber" modules, then just ban pizza cutters and the non compliant train set stuff ..

Just make sure you have an NTrak junction module so you can play with the other setups .. We do that in Bantrak .. Martin's "banjos" are a good example ..

How are you going to ban pizza cutters and still expect to connect with other setups?  What if those guys with the "other setups" are running pizza cutters?  Are you going to tell them they can't run on your trackage?  How far do you expect that will go?

It works with Bantrak .. our 1T division is Atlas C55, and we seem to have no problem making it work .. the folks in the club who want to do roundy roundy with pizza cutters can do that, the guys who want to operate, go out on the 1T division ..  we don't force anyone to run the 1T if they don't want to .. our access to the red line is to get to the setup yard, and an occasional loop around the layout in between normal runners .. it seems to work for us .. but then, we are a pretty progressive group that likes to try stuff ..

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »
If I understand correctly, there would be the standard N track oval, and then a Wye Module, or something to that extent, with the Allegheny Crossing modules extending outwards away from the oval, similar to oNeTrak.

that would be one option ..

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
What you need is a white trailer to haul the modules, but painted up for Conrail Trailvan or Mercury service.

Now you're talkin' Dave, but go the container route:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=21152&nseq=232

Hawt.
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1242
    • Modutrak
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2009, 08:42:08 PM »
You know, pizza cutters do operate flawlessly on Atlas Cd 55... people just get bent out of shape about the clickety clack.  In a show environment (loud/giant rooms) you won't even hear that.  I ran a whole block of MTL N&W hoppers straight out of the runner packs last time we set the layout up for fun...

Hiroe

• Crew
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2009, 12:02:53 AM »
God, you are more flip floppy than talking to a drunk on the way to the jail...

He's been like that since he was at least 15 or so that i know of. Ask him where he got the paint scheme for his freelanced road, the NG&DC.

Can't pick an era, can't pick a road, can't even pick a scale sometimes. ;D

Anyway. I also feel that the track spacing is enough of an issue to warrant a change, even if we *do* have adapter modules for both ends of the group (to allow for using that infrastructure previously mentioned). I'm not quite so picky about ME versus Atlas 55 flex, but i *do* want to use those atlas #10 switches.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:32:01 AM by Hiroe »
wubba lubba dub dub

lashedup

• Crew
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »
What you need is a white trailer to haul the modules, but painted up for Conrail Trailvan or Mercury service.

Hawt.

If you guys ask nicely maybe we'll lend you our hauler...

The "baller hauler"! :D

AlkemScaleModels

• Crew
  • Helps build strong models 8 ways
  • Respect: +39
    • Alkem Scale Models
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »

Hawt.

You're blocking the handicap spots!

If you guys ask nicely maybe we'll lend you our hauler...

The "baller hauler"! :D